1 yr ext: bank statement

11 hours ago, EricTh said:

I don't know why immigration need a bank statement when all the same details are already printed on our savings bank book. Does anyone know?

Isn't this unnecessary work?

I would guess that the reason they want a bank statement is the possibility of what happened to me when my old book was full and I needed a new passbook. The bank updated the last couple of transactions into my old passbook and then did a balance into my new passbook but a couple of transactions did not print in either book and one of those transactions was an international transfer. It was on the bank statement no problem but it was not in either passbook. Plus I have seen many updated passbooks where the machine has over printed the previous transactions and they were unreadable. You do not have that problem with the bank statements

Edited by Russell17au
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

I thought the statement From the  bank can only one  day old..for an extension.. so how Does this work if it takes a week to get it..?

You are mixing up the statement and the last transaction in the passbook. You must do a transaction either a deposit or a withdrawal in the passbook and update the passbook within 1 day of applying for your extension to show that the account is still active and do a copy of the last page of the passbook to go with your extension application

I collect Credit advices each month and then present them back to the bank for the annual certificate for Immigration. Bit belt and braces but saves waiting for bank HQ. As back up I copy my bank book but you have to do this monthly to keep accurate records. Transactions must be shown as FTTs in the bank book.

• Like 1

Unfortunately the documents accepted vary from Immigration office to Immigration office across the Kingdom.

Best to ask before you go what they want.

I provided bank statement, bank book, bank letter, Wise receipts and they still wanted further proof my income was from overseas.

Luckily I had my annual pension payslip and P60 tax certificate with me and they put that in the pile as well.

Those additional documents added were exactly what I showed the British Embassy to get my income letter in days gone by.

Back to square one.

35 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

Unfortunately the documents accepted vary from Immigration office to Immigration office across the Kingdom.

Best to ask before you go what they want.

I provided bank statement, bank book, bank letter, Wise receipts and they still wanted further proof my income was from overseas.

Luckily I had my annual pension payslip and P60 tax certificate with me and they put that in the pile as well.

Those additional documents added were exactly what I showed the British Embassy to get my income letter in days gone by.

Back to square one.

You have brought up one thing in your post that a lot of people have had problems with lately and that is Wise. For some unknown reason lately Wise transfers have been showing as local transfers and not international transfers. I went and applied for my extension on Nov 4 and I am on an under consideration stamp until Dec 5 and one of the new things that I was asked for was a document to show where my income is derived from even thou I am on an aged pension which is paid directly into my Thai bank account and all my transfers were correctly showing as FTTs on the bank statement and in my passbook. As it was explained to me by the IO it is to show that I have a guaranteed income for the future.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

I thought the statement From the  bank can only one  day old..for an extension.. so how Does this work if it takes a week to get it..?

They (Immigration) want a pritout of 1 year of transfers into a Thaibank . They also want an update to your account on the day you apply for the extension to show balance in the account on present day and that the account is still active..  IO told me go downstairs and deposit 100 baht into your account, I came back and told her the bank closed early today. She said no problem, come back tommorow and make deposit., I charge you 500 baht for 1 day overstay then give you extension. Such a nice lady.

2 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

I charge you 500 baht for 1 day overstay then give you extension. Such a nice lady.

Which begs the question whey were you doing extension on last day?  Yes you can but most feel it is best to do early in case of situations such as above - you do not lose any extension time by doing early in case that is not clear.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Which begs the question whey were you doing extension on last day?  Yes you can but most feel it is best to do early in case of situations such as above - you do not lose any extension time by doing early in case that is not clear.  

I am well aware of that but I like doing things my way, also I had to wait for a new passport as all the pages in my old one were full.

59 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

I am well aware of that but I like doing things my way, also I had to wait for a new passport as all the pages in my old one were full.

Some banks do not require transaction to update from ATM - Bangkok Bank for one.  Yes getting a new passport early is also a good idea as others have had such issues.  Some people are not aware can do both early so have hope some others may be helped.  

I Did It My Way Font | dafont.com

• Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 12:56 PM, ubonjoe said:

Bangkok Bank will do a one year bank statement. It takes about a week to get it for a fee of 200 baht.

I have gotten 3 of them and used them for my extensions.

Some branches are reluctant to print these.  I had quite a time getting one from the Maejo branch and went to the Rim Ping Mee Chok branch - got one in about 1 hour. Really all it was, was a bank letterhead, with the deposits for 12 months, signed by the manager. They told me to give Maejo's branch their phone number/name and they did straighten out this reluctance - so this year, Maejo had no problem with my "statement".  Also had the 1 year "printout" but I O, hardly glanced at it.

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not if using it to prove income.

Not sure that would even be needed for retirement to prove the 800k/400k baht bank for the required amount of time.

A 2 or 3 month statement may need to be done on he same day to prove the 800k baht in the bank for 2 months.

ubonjoe, at Chonburi immigration in Pattaya they accept my computer printout for 12 month bank statement. I print one out at the end of 6 months then the other 6 months just before I renew

2 hours ago, pizzachang said:

Some branches are reluctant to print these.  I had quite a time getting one from the Maejo branch and went to the Rim Ping Mee Chok branch - got one in about 1 hour. Really all it was, was a bank letterhead, with the deposits for 12 months, signed by the manager. They told me to give Maejo's branch their phone number/name and they did straighten out this reluctance - so this year, Maejo had no problem with my "statement".  Also had the 1 year "printout" but I O, hardly glanced at it.

Every immigration office has different requirements. It appears you are applying in Chiang Mai that wants a letter from the bank showing your transfers while many others do not require it.

The letter is redundant if you have a 12 month bank statement showing the transfers came from abroad. That is all the office here in Ubon wants and copies of my bank book showing them. The only letter from the bank needed is the standard one confirming my account.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, a977 said:

ubonjoe, at Chonburi immigration in Pattaya they accept my computer printout for 12 month bank statement. I print one out at the end of 6 months then the other 6 months just before I renew

Not all offices will accept them. The want a statement issued by the bank.

I was tempted to try and get two 6 month statements but decided it would be best to request and pay for the the 12 month one rather than risking them not accepting the 6 months statements.

On 11/16/2021 at 7:24 AM, Pib said:

A passbook may not show all transactions when a person does not update the book frequently.  Instead, one summary transaction is printed  which could represent multiple transactions.  A summary transaction may occur for other reasons like a bank software update, glitch, etc., forcing a summary transaction.   

Since a summary transaction can represent multiple transaction over X-period one or more of those transactions could show a person failed to meet a certain extension of stay requirement like failing below a certain minimum balance, not receiving a monthly foreign transfer(s) of X-amount, etc.  

But an annual statement will show "all" transactions.

Something simular happened to my passbook.

I put it into one of those machines for an update and it chewed it all up and printed stuff all over the place and missed out a whole chunk of transactions, so now my passbook doesn't actually show the 40k each month coming in as some months are missing.