Tourists are choosing Thailand over Bali: Indonesian tourism official

webfact

20 hours ago, Sqoop said:

Why do many of these destinations ( Thailand, Bali ) keep saying quality tourists only ? In reality they will all be competing for a small flow of tourists for years to come. 

"Why you no stay my hotel?"

or

"Why you no eat my restaurant?"

Answer: "I am not a quality tourist."

My guess is this has something to do with the "quality" trend of the 1980s.  Inside US companies there were the formations of "quality circles," employee committees dedicated to "quality."  (Looking back now, it was sort of a "quality militia.")  I was told this thing started in Japan.  I had the misfortune of working in such a place for a short while, and my own manager was one of the boosters.

My guess is some Thais went to the US to get MBAs and picked up on this.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

"Currently, most foreign tourists are choosing to go to Thailand because Thailand does not require mandatory quarantine," he told local media.

Duh! When will they finally figure out that tourists who decide to spend real money on a vacation, do not like the idea of a self imposed 14 day prison sentence? 

And they are not missing much. So far, Thailand's numbers have been quite underwhelming. Perhaps if they ditched the overnight stay, and the heinous quarantine, if any of the 20-40 passengers sitting around you are found positive, they might get up to 100,000 tourists a month! 

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

"Currently, most foreign tourists are choosing to go to Thailand because Thailand does not require mandatory quarantine," he told local media.

Duh! When will they finally figure out that tourists who decide to spend real money on a vacation, do not like the idea of a self imposed 14 day prison sentence? 

And they are not missing much. So far, Thailand's numbers have been quite underwhelming. Perhaps if they ditched the overnight stay, and the heinous quarantine, if any of the 20-40 passengers sitting around you are found positive, they might get up to 100,000 tourists a month! 

Don't worry tourist numbers will come back very quickly, people should enjoy the quiet beaches while they can,it ain't gonna stay quiet forever. 

17 minutes ago, egypte said:

Soon they will choose Cambodia considering the entry process is much easier...

948223111_20211115-CambodiaTravel.thumb.jpg.6355873dc3dfd3e0f45a17e8f5198bb7.jpg

I highly doubt it. Anybody looking to spend a few weeks on a beach  certainly wouldn't be choosing Cambodia, and with pub street under construction siem reap ain't  looking to great at the moment. I'm a fan of Cambodia but it can't offer what  Thailand can.