Tourists are choosing Thailand over Bali: Indonesian tourism official

webfact

1 hour ago, Stefanix said:

Ok, I do have links to Thailand and am not the average tourist. But there are other regulars who come here because it’s Thailand. If you accept the relatively small risk of getting quarantined and are a “beaches, not bitches” type of person, I don’t see a reason not to come. I enjoy currently the low prices and the vacated beach in Ao Nang / Krabi. There are even small cosy pop-up bars selling cocktails and beer. Just the right time to relax here in peace without mass tourism!

It's the mass tourism I'm referring to, that's what they want back, tens of thousands of '2 week millionaires' arriving every day - without that it's dead or might as well be.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, hioctane said:

Their reopening without quarantine started yesterday. It remains to be seen where tourists will go.

If potential tourists see the mess siem reap is in I highly doubt many would want to go there. Siem reap without pub street is like Pattaya with no walking street. 

15 hours ago, ukrules said:

People want less hassle with warm weather, the destination country doesn't really matter that much.

No bars = no tourists regardless.

Because in order to have a good time, 100% of tourists not only need to consume alcohol, but they also need to consume it in bars?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sqoop said:

Why do many of these destinations ( Thailand, Bali ) keep saying quality tourists only ? In reality they will all be competing for a small flow of tourists for years to come. 

They still think they are special.

But the reality is they are not anymore, it will take them a few more years and mistakes to realize this

TIT.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rainville said:

Edited: Tourists are choosing Cambodia over Thailand. Cause? No quarantine, no hassle. 

Your move Thailand.

Perhaps it is a well planned method to improve the quality of the Thai tourists......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A complete guess maybe but the lack of tourists to tourists to Bali could possibly be linked to the number of international flights. Since Bali 'opened' there has been the grand total of zero flights (sorry, can't find the link) I think the geezer in charge of tourism in Bali has a brother who works for TAT.

15 hours ago, ukrules said:

It's the mass tourism I'm referring to, that's what they want back, tens of thousands of '2 week millionaires' arriving every day - without that it's dead or might as well be.

It’s the mass tourism what the Thai economy needs, right. But I think its not true that the country doesn’t matter for choosing a warm destination. There are many Thailand lovers also without family or other ties to the country. Family destinations such as Krabi are looking still vacated with many restaurants at Ao Nang closed. But even within a few days of being here I can see an uptrend. I have seen a couple of the few open restaurants being even full. One of the problems is to get the long time closed places back into shape and ready for operation. Some buildings look quite deteriorated. The climate requires continuous maintenance. 

Edited by Stefanix
  • Like 1