Food delivery driver dies after being ran over by a garbage truck in Si Racha

snoop1130

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Unless you're a very talented chef I doubt you can cook the variety of choices offered on the apps. 

I don't need to be. Everything that can be delivered can also be eaten directly at the restaurant, and it tastes better there. I see the point of ordering out for those who cannot drive, are sick, or otherwise not able to go themselves. But frankly, most of the people I know who use this method are just plain lazy, and don't give a second thought about ordering just a drink which comes with a lot of extra plastic for the planet.

Edited by arithai12

17 hours ago, steven100 said:

They do ride like dare devils in Bangkok ..... so accidents are bound to happen.  The guy is slightly older than most grab, food panda and lineman riders I've engaged with, most being in their early 20's.  

Very sad indeed ....  rip delivery man.

It's not just the speed. They often spend more time looking at their little screens for directions, than paying attention at what goes on around them. From the main article “I was coming out from the plant. The motorbike driver stopped immediately in front of me for no apparent reason and I was unable to stop my vehicle in time.” I imagine the delivery guy decided to stop to look at his phone, in the worst place at the worst time.

57 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

I don't need to be. Everything that can be delivered can also be eaten directly at the restaurant, and it tastes better there. I see the point of ordering out for those who cannot drive, are sick, or otherwise not able to go themselves. But frankly, most of the people I know who use this method are just plain lazy, and don't give a second thought about ordering just a drink which comes with a lot of extra plastic for the planet.

Eating in restaurants is high risk for Covid infection.

I live in the sticks and yer the 7/11 shops deliver, never used them myself. I think I would be out of their delivery zone.
Been into Korat a fair bit lately for vax and Anti-natel visits for the wife and these rats on bikes ( grab, food panda, etc) annoy the hell out of me. No regard for other road users all because they have a delivery box on the back of their scoot.

Bad management by the delivery fella I do feel some empathy for him but in the long run I would put his misfortune down as ironically appropriate.

Edited by sherwood

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:
8 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

That's where the fish and chip shops in my native UK were so useful. Or the Chinese takeaway. Or the local curry place. I miss my local chippie. On the subject of Chinese, when I went to China I was very surprised and disappointed that the food I saw had absolutely no similarity to the UK and European restaurants/takeaways I've used.

All the British Chinese food comes from Hong Kong not the mainland. 

Obvs it is again changed for the local British European palate. 

Changed it for you, because - as I wrote - I found it to be the case in Europe too :)

On 11/17/2021 at 1:42 PM, Burma Bill said:

Thank you, and the same for me. First, I do not own a smartphone so food and delivery apps are of no relevance to me. I like to go shopping and choose my own fresh ingredients from supermarkets which here in Cambodia we were able to do during lockdowns. Having experience in food preparation and presentation, I make my own breakfasts, lunches and dinners. This enables me to get out for some exercise and keep my mind active, it is my choice. Sadly, many of the other residents in the apartment block do rely on home food deliveries and this is reflected in the amount of waste deposited in the communal refuse bins - foam boxes, plastic cups and containers, single use plastic cutlery/chop sticks and single use plastic carrier bags. 

Nice post. I recon that our kitchens, one inside and one outside, are the most used parts the of the house, they are certainly the most sociable. 

• Like 1