Need Customs Broker To Negotiate Traps and Tea

Ebumbu

Hi folks. So, I've inherited a lot of jewelry from a near relative. My grandparents were jewelers and the collection's value is high. I want to have it FedEx'd and insured and sent to me here in Phuket so I can sell it on Ebay. I know there are risks.

Many have advised me (from a previous post) of Thai-customs corruption and have suggested I find a customs broker "with connections" so I don't get ripped off. I'm fine with that. I'd rather pay a little extra than get caught up in a racket and lose everything. Any suggestions for a reliable customs broker with reasonable English skills? If you have experience doing this thing, please share. I am a total newbie to this. 

I can either bring it here or sell for scrap. No other options are available. I have a limited window to do this and these are my choices. Scrap would get me 20% value, which is an unacceptable loss. Thank you!

14 hours ago, DeaconJohn said:

This has all the warning signs of a clever scam... your username even sounds vaguely Nigerian which is a red flag in itself.

But taking you at your word, good luck getting your jewelry through that den of thieves and selling it at a profit

Check my history here, you silly goose. Scam of what? 

Such a helpful answer. Sleep with one eye open, dude.