Arrival Docs - Phone or Paper?

lolex

When arriving Suvarnabhumi can you show vaccination certs, Thai Pass, etc on your phone screen or do you need to have them printed on paper?? (which will be challenging for me for PCR test).

Anyone have experience with this ?

Thanks !

Problem is not with experienced bangkok staff, but with check in which doesnt know anything about documents. For example they wanted from me COE, and not thailand pass. 
They said my test is not pcr, even it was and mentioned in bold 2x. 
They questioned my insurance policy, even it was the special letter about covid cover from thai insurance. 
they wanted to see paid pcr arrival test document, even it was included in hotel booking. 
I had to explain every document, because they dis not clearly understand. I was departing from not english speaking country, so check in lady didn't understand immediately english written documents. Took me about 10 minutes for those 4 documents to be scrutinised. 
i have seen passengers being turned back from check in. I see only their yellow vaccination books not accepted. 
check in staff dont know entry rules, documents. My lady explained to me, that on that day they were checking in to 24 worldwide destinations. They simply cant follow  all changing rules. Probably she never departed anybody to thailand. Be always prepared for their resistance, from the very start

4 hours ago, internationalism said:

My lady explained to me, that on that day they were checking in to 24 worldwide destinations. They simply cant follow  all changing rules. Probably she never departed anybody to thailand. Be always prepared for their resistance, from the very start

Quite. When I checked in at LHR for BKK the guy did not have a clue, just asked me to show documents from some sort of crib sheet. You were luck it was only 10 minutes, my guy must have reread the crib sheet half a dozen times between each question.

Certainly easier with printed copies, my PCR was done the night before at LHR and the only one just on the phone.

On arrival at BKK I got the impression they preferred the phone.

Agree with all above.

It's much easier if you print it all out. First, when you check in, the airline agent will go through each of the required documents page by page and read them carefully. That just wouldn't be easy on a phone. When you arrive, it's the same thing again with various people checking each of the require documents. When I entered under the old COE system, they kept some of the documents, although I am not sure that is a requirement.

Print outs are more convenient and easier to read than a phone. Also what happens if your battery is dead? Phone stolen?

When i returned 2 weeks ago i checked in at Heathrow and presented each document in turn, girl was very efficient and all done in 2-3 minutes. Had to repeat in Amsterdam and there was an enormous queue, on average it was taking more than 5 minutes a passenger, with quite a few being denied (and arguing about it). I presented all the correct documents and accepted in about 45 seconds. It took about 2and a half hours to check every passenger (4 separate checking desks) and the plane left over one hour late. At Suvarnbhumi also checked in about 2 minutes - immigration no queue and had to wait half an hour for the bag!