Yellow book questions

I have been trying to get a yellow book for some time, but keep getting stumped. Perhaps someone can help me figure it out.

I live in Bangkok in rented accommodation, my husband's hometown and house/blue book is in Nakhon Si Thammarat. When I went to the amphur in NST to enquire about the requirements for the yellow book they informed me that one of the documents required would be a letter from immigration stating my address in NST, however, as I reside in BKK, if I was to get this letter it would state my BKK address. How can I get around this? Could I apply on a friends blue book in Bangkok, but if I did that, would I need to 'move' to their address with immigration first? I really want to sort out my yellow book as soon as possible so any advice greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

I would actually prefer to be on a Blue Book in Bangkok, but my landlord is reluctant to let me, and I plan on moving house in 5 months time... If I was able to persuade my landlord in Bangkok, is it easy to transfer to another address in Bangkok if I was to move? 

You cannot be registered in a blue house book. I think you will find that many landlords will not want to help you ge a yellow house book.

After getting one for one address you would have to cancel your existing yellow house book to get a new one for a different address.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot be registered in a blue house book. I think you will find that many landlords will not want to help you ge a yellow house book.

After getting one for one address you would have to cancel your existing yellow house book to get a new one for a different address.

Yes, I think most landlords will be reluctant to help me get the yellow book, hence why I was thinking it would make more sense to get my yellow book attached to my husbands blue book in NST... but I don't know how I could do this if I am residing in Bangkok as the amphur in NST say I need the letter of residency from immigration, which won't state my address in NST... any ideas? ????

9 minutes ago, fin5prtw said:

Yes, I think most landlords will be reluctant to help me get the yellow book, hence why I was thinking it would make more sense to get my yellow book attached to my husbands blue book in NST... but I don't know how I could do this if I am residing in Bangkok as the amphur in NST say I need the letter of residency from immigration, which won't state my address in NST... any ideas? ????

Your husband just needs to do a TM30 for you staying at his house, then the letter from immigration in NST will show this address.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Your husband just needs to do a TM30 for you staying at his house, then the letter from immigration in NST will show this address.

Thanks - is this possible if my visa is tied to Bangkok immigration? I wouldn't transfer my visa back to NST.

3 minutes ago, fin5prtw said:

Thanks - is this possible if my visa is tied to Bangkok immigration? I wouldn't transfer my visa back to NST.

Doing a TM30 report would not affect your extension of stay (it is not a visa) you did in Bangkok. You would though need to another TM30 report wheny return to Bangkok.

Why do you want or need a yellow house book?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Doing a TM30 report would not affect your extension of stay (it is not a visa) you did in Bangkok. You would though need to another TM30 report wheny return to Bangkok.

Why do you want or need a yellow house book?

Oh that's very useful to know, thank you so much.

I want a yellow book so that I can apply for citizenship.

Just now, fin5prtw said:

I want a yellow book so that I can apply for citizenship.

To apply for citizenship in Bangkok you will have to have a yellow house book for a residence in Bangkok. You do not have to be living where it issued for. You could use a friend or a family members home to get it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

To apply for citizenship in Bangkok you will have to have a yellow house book for a residence in Bangkok. You do not have to be living where it issued for. You could use a friend or a family members home to get it.

Yes, this is why I would prefer to have a yellow book based in Bangkok, it would certainly make the whole application process a lot easier. If I wanted to get a yellow book with a friends address in Bangkok, would I do the TM30 in Bangkok to say I am residing at their address, get the documentation, then update the TM30 back to my address once the yellow book is done? 

6 minutes ago, fin5prtw said:

Yes, this is why I would prefer to have a yellow book based in Bangkok, it would certainly make the whole application process a lot easier. If I wanted to get a yellow book with a friends address in Bangkok, would I do the TM30 in Bangkok to say I am residing at their address, get the documentation, then update the TM30 back to my address once the yellow book is done? 

You would not need to change your address at immigration if you got a yellow house book for a different address than the residence your are living at.

Many people living outside of Bangkok have gotten yellow house for there to apply for citizenship in Bangkok.

I suggest you look at the long ongoing topic about it. https://aseannow.com/topic/121353-story-of-my-thai-citizenship-application/

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You would not need to change your address at immigration if you got a yellow house book for a different address than the residence your are living at.

Many people living outside of Bangkok have gotten yellow house for there to apply for citizenship in Bangkok.

I suggest you look at the long ongoing topic about it. https://aseannow.com/topic/121353-story-of-my-thai-citizenship-application/

Thank you so much - I do have a friend in mind who owns a condo in Bangkok, I might try and see if I can get a yellow book attached to her address then. I will certainly read that topic - thank you very much!

Have a great day ????

I was one of the first in Korat to apply for a "Yellow House Book".
The famous "Art. 13".
I tried to comply with everything on the list, but the guy at the counter came up with a new requirement every time I fulfillled the requirements.
After several visits, the guy said to me: "Sorry, but we give no "Yellow Books" to foreigners".
Sp, stick your "Yellow Book" there where the sun never shines.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

I was one of the first in Korat to apply for a "Yellow House Book".
The famous "Art. 13".
I tried to comply with everything on the list, but the guy at the counter came up with a new requirement every time I fulfillled the requirements.
After several visits, the guy said to me: "Sorry, but we give no "Yellow Books" to foreigners".
Sp, stick your "Yellow Book" there where the sun never shines.

Hah. Yes. The subdistrict where my husband is from gave me a ridiculously long list of requirements including 10 witnesses - I kid you not, TEN! 

Cant really help here but i got mine after a lot of running around that my wife did so i dont really know the process, i think its just if you get it or not up to the people you see that allows this to happen.

Saying that i have no idea why i got it in the first place, doesn't help much with anything unless there is something i dont know about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fin5prtw said:

Hah. Yes. The subdistrict where my husband is from gave me a ridiculously long list of requirements including 10 witnesses - I kid you not, TEN! 

The 10 witnesses need to be living in your street and no further that 100 meter away.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, fin5prtw said:

I really want to sort out my yellow book as soon as possible so any advice greatly appreciated. 

You need to live at the place where you'll be registered for a Yellow House Book.

In principle you are registered in the House Book of the place - which can be either a house or an apartment/condo - but only Thai nationals, and foreigners with permanent residency, is registered in the blue house book, aliens are registered in a yellow house book.

You need to ask your landlord if you can be registered in the house book of the place you rent.

Benefits from house book is more or less only a confirmation of address, and access to a pink ID-card for foreigners, which is a confirmation of address, plus a translation of your name to Thai characters (you need an approved translation of your passort's name page). If you have a work permit you'll get your tax ID-number with that, which is the same number as your ID-number in a house book. If having a work permit are the benefits of a house book-registration limited.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, khunPer said:

You need to live at the place where you'll be registered for a Yellow House Book.

That is not always correct.

She want the yellow house book to use for her Thai nationality application. Many people living outside of Bangkok have gotten one in Bangkok so that they can apply it at the Special Branch police in Bangkok.

Applying in a province outside of Bangkok if very difficult. That has been suggested by the office that processes the applications.

• Thanks 2