Who Believes In God?

medicinebox

You might want to have look at what Yossarin in the book "Catch 22" has to say about God and his his (or her) infinite forgiveness.

In my opinion it absolutely destroys all that God is good nonsense, two thousand years or so ago there were miracles healing the sick raising the dead etc. feeding the five thousand and all the rest of it.

So what have we had since? Nothing, in this day and age of instant communications has this supreme being no access to a fax machine or even better the internet?

Cue the next post re "I am God " and I have been a bit busy of late.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what have we had since? Nothing, in this day and age of instant communications has this supreme being no access to a fax machine or even better the internet?

I heard he can't get an account at the phone company.

Customer Service: Hello, how may i help you?

God: Hi, i am god. I would like to set-up a phone line in my.......

Customer Service: *click*

:o

If I don't believe in God, do you think He will accept that it was an honest mistake?

Christians will tell you NO - you must believe in him and read the bible and go to church on a Sunday or you will perish in the depths of h.e.l.l. for eternity.

He only forgives ex-murderers, drug addicts and any other weirdo or phsychopath who decides to try their hand at another obsession.

I heard he can't get an account at the phone company.

Customer Service: Hello, how may i help you?

God: Hi, i am god. I would like to set-up a phone line in my.......

Customer Service: *click*

:o

lol...

God: Arthur Fugsykes, they've hung up on me again. Wheres the faith?

hi'

you might know that you have been in asia for too long ...

when you forget what faith means, and this seems to me pretty normal in a world without any belief else than "so called" human values and money!

and clasify people in categories like christians, muslim or else seems to me pretty narrow minded ...

if you do believe only in yourself, don't be surprised to be so often disapointed.

could everyone keep in mind that millions of people pray for all of us in this low world everyday ...

cheers and nice thought to you all

francois

ps; please keep in mind that some people have a stong faith and are "freelance"

.... like me :o

Hang on a minute, I understand that God is omnipotent and all powerful

if he or she managed to create the world and everything else in six days and nipping down the boozer God managed to create on Sunday.

It would make sense to get the wand out and conjour up a few electronic devices up so we could keep in touch.

Come on, two thousand years is an awful long time to sulk.

hi'

you might know that you have been in asia for too long ...

when you forget what faith means, and this seems to me pretty normal in a world without any belief else than "so called" human values and money!

and clasify people in categories like christians, muslim or else seems to me pretty narrow minded ...

if you do believe only in yourself, don't be surprised to be so often disapointed.

could everyone keep in mind that millions of people pray for all of us in this low world everyday ...

cheers and nice thought to you all

francois

ps; please keep in mind that some people have a stong faith and are "freelance"

.... like me :o

Now the freelancers I don't mind and even admire, because unlike other 'believers' of whatever faith, they are not constantly on the lookout for new recruits and pushing their views on others.

If you believe in God, keep it a private and personal thing, he did after all create us as individuals.

Fair play Francois.

Just curious. There's an old saying, 'There are no atheists in fox holes."

How many of you guys have been in combat?

If their were no atheists in fox holes this would proof that praying does not work to protect one against bullets or did all those casualties just occur outside of the holes?

Somehow I just believe in logic and this tells me that a bullet proof wests protects while addressing the sky doesn't otherwise priests must generally be bullet proof. Therefore if someone is in a fox hole it is much better to keep the a... and hands down to avoid being killed.

If there were an upper force it would be doubtful that He or She could be corrupted by offering a prayer, donations or just promises to do better from now on. People tend to believe that if going to church or speak a daily prayer this makes them a better individual and/or even gets them the tickett to paradise.

Doing something for the sole benefit of expecting something in return is neither belief nor religion. A honestly religious and believing person however would not pray and beg for his/her life in the foxhole but would just gain confidence from his/her true belief. Hence engaging into prayers when in a different situation can only be interpreted as disbelief as crazy as that sounds. Drive your destiny yourself rather than having it driven. For doing good you neither need a bible, a koran, a talmut nor a church, mosque or temple you never ever even need to speak a prayer in your life because if there were an upper force He or She could surely be not bribed or cheated. Just those that act out absolutely free from selfishness deserve admiration. Am I an atheist when not believing in an upper force or is rather someone an atheist who tries to corrupt his/her God!

No, no prayer not even wih a gun pointing to my temple :o

Game over when you're dead, I'm afraid. Enjoy it whilst it lasts. Why not make a poll of it?

According to some Christians my non-belief in God will result in me spending an eternity in He11, which I think sounds a lot more fun than an eternity of being dead :o

Am I invited too as I am agnostic too? :D

Just curious.  There's an old saying,  'There are no atheists in fox holes."

How many of you guys have been in combat?

If their were no atheists in fox holes this would proof that praying does not work to protect one against bullets or did all those casualties just occur outside of the holes?

Somehow I just believe in logic and this tells me that a bullet proof wests protects while addressing the sky doesn't otherwise priests must generally be bullet proof. Therefore if someone is in a fox hole it is much better to keep the a... and hands down to avoid being killed.

If there were an upper force it would be doubtful that He or She could be corrupted by offering a prayer, donations or just promises to do better from now on. People tend to believe that if going to church or speak a daily prayer this makes them a better individual and/or even gets them the tickett to paradise.

Doing something for the sole benefit of expecting something in return is neither belief nor religion. A honestly religious and believing person however would not pray and beg for his/her life in the foxhole but would just gain confidence from his/her true belief. Hence engaging into prayers when in a different situation can only be interpreted as disbelief as crazy as that sounds. Drive your destiny yourself rather than having it driven. For doing good you neither need a bible, a koran, a talmut nor a church, mosque or temple you never ever even need to speak a prayer in your life because if there were an upper force He or She could surely be not bribed or cheated. Just those that act out absolutely free from selfishness deserve admiration. Am I an atheist when not believing in an upper force or is rather someone an atheist who tries to corrupt his/her God!

No, no prayer not even wih a gun pointing to my temple :o

Brilliantly put. :D

I will be sending a copy to my (half) brother.

Crutches themselves are 'neutral'. It is up to us whether we use them well or abuse them badly. Crutches can be good things to have when you can't stand properly on your own feet. But getting dependant on them and clinging to them when you are recovered is to be deprecated. And using them to harm others is downright evil!.

If you believe in God, keep it a private and personal thing, he did after all create us as individuals

Right on, thats why when a geriactric Polish guy who when he could get down to it kisses tarmac on some airport or the other.

When he is wheeled out on the balcony of the Vactican and is venerated by thousands and waves to the assembled crowds is given a standing ovation.

Some individuals!

Oh by the way don't wear condoms, as it's against Gods will, now all you religious scholars out there please inform us as to where precisely in the bible it says not to wear a latex sheath?

I am sure these devices of the devil were a bit thin on the ground a couple of thousand years ago.

I believe, everybody wants to have a religion to overcome the unexplainable, to overcome fear.

The more you learn the less you know and in age might wish to believe in something or somebody.

Perhaps, I wish to be religious, but than which God should I chose, which religion?

Christian and if so Catholic, Evangelic, Lutheran?

Moslem, Buddhism, Islam, Zen-Buddhism?

Voo-doo?

Give me a break, let me believe what I wish and I do not tell anybody, neither will I go to a shrine, temple or church.

IMHO all the great religions are commercialized and your sins will be forgiven if you pay a few Dollars more.

People are wrong.

hoping that you include yourself in People :o

take the time to look inside your heart, and deeply inside you will find some compassion for some sad facts happening in this world ...

if you don't ... well .. I don't believe you, as simple as this!

I can't believe that all faithless people have a stone-heart !

no one need to be christian or muslim or else to some good around you,

and this without talking about any religion.

don't you think so ?

francois

listen you lot,we are here on this planet , the only one as far as i can see,which has us on it,all over itpolluting it,we live, we die, as does all else on it, otherwise it wouldent exist,so stop whinging about dieing its all a part of the process