Insurance Specific to Covid for Thailand Pass

happydreamer

Hello...

I have Cigna Global Insurance which is expat insurance that covers me for up to 1M USD although I don't notice anything in specific that it says anything about covering COVID.  Im assuming it does since it covers 100% of my hospital stay if something happens to me.  But thinking the administration running this charade can't infer that it covers Covid from seeing a policy that cover 1M USD and 100% of a hospital stay.  Does anyone know if you need a specific clause that states this covers Covid.

Thanks

Make sure you have cash or insurance for having to stay in a hotel although asymptomatic. You may be infected even by the van driver to AQ hotel or fellow passenger on flight.I am actively seeking insurance for this potential high cost without success.

See the other thread.and they wonder why tourists will go elsewhere

Logo_BPH_New.jpg

Dear Sir/Madam,

In response to your e-mail, please be informed that the cost of inpatient treatment of coronavirus disease vary depending on individual's medical condition.

It may range from 45,000-120,000 THB for asymptomatic patients only. This is excluding ICU accommodation and complication, home medication and follow-up visits. 

IMPORTANT NOTE:

* *  Estimated costs are based on some patients treated recently for the same condition. However, treatment varies from specific condition of individual patients. Estimated cost does not include underlying disease,  investigations, special medication and also excludes all unexpected events that may arise during the treatment process.

** Quoted prices are applied to all patients (Thai and non-Thais) according to medical condition.

However, our hospital accommodation for COVID-19 patients may have a limited capacity for admission. If it is necessary for referral, patients may need to be redirected to another facility.

If you should have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Abigail Merla
Email Correspondent
Bangkok Hospital Pattaya
301 Moo 6 Sukhumvit Road KM 143, Naklua
Banglamung, Chonburi 20150, Thailand
Tel: (66) 38 259999 EXT 6062
Fax: (66) 38 259919
Email: [email protected]

http://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com

Honestly...I've pretty much lost all interest in returning to Thailand.  The difference two years makes.  The last time I came back in 2019 I couldn't wait to get back.  Today, I'm sitting here in my Chicago home with my wife trying to find a good reason to come back home.  I can't think of one outside of the dreadful Chicago winters...and the fact that my Bangkok condo has all of my nice summer clothes.   Still too much of a chance to get hustled by these jack-wagons in-charge of people's lives back home.

I appreciate everyone's insight and advice on my question.  It's helped me make a difficult decision a little bit more palatable

• Like 1