Best Website to book a "test&go hotel

6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

https://asq.in.th/

I used this one without issue.

YMMV.

I used them too but soon got unsolicited spam email trying to sell me visa services etc. They ask for info from you before passing it to the hotel when really only the hotel needs your info. Clearly they are harvesting data for future use or resale. See below:

Sent: 26 October 2021 06:55
To: [email protected] 
Subject: About your trip to Thailand on November 4th with British Passport

Hello "MY NAME - INCLUDING BOTH MIDDLE NAMES",

My name is Grace from Thai Visa Centre, and I wanted to give you a personal welcome to Thailand.

If you have any Thai Visa related questions, or needs please respond to this email. We specialize in offering long term retirement visa services for individuals that are 50 years, or older. In order to utilize most of our visa services you must already be in Thailand.

We also offer VIP Airport Service (gate to gate) in Thailand, as well as COE / Thailand Pass application services to expedite your entry into Thailand.

You can also add our LINE account for the fastest response times.

LINE (visa support / updates): @ThaiVisaCentre

LINE (hotels support / entry updates): ASQ.in.th @LINE ACCOUNT

- Stay Safe ????

REVIEWS
MAP
LINE
ASQ.in.th

HUNB6pmpIs.png

Edited by soi3eddie

If you search for a hotel in Bangkok on Agoda it asks you:

Visiting Thailand? Start here, and make sure your entry requirements are covered.
Book stays for vaccinated travelers with inclusive PCR tests and airport transfer, or all-inclusive quarantine stays for non-vaccinated travelers.

Then you click on the button there to just see those packages. This is probably one of the easiest ways to book such a package.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I ended up booking direct with the hotel, wouldn't say it was a pleasant experience they all a bit backwards like its 1990, here's a word doc  or pdf please fill in your credit card details for authorization including security code etc.. you could return it via email though instead of fax or carrier pigeon. Use a disposable/one-time card if you go this route as its extremely insecure - if it did leak though the merchant would be in clear violation of PCI-DSS (a set of terms governing how card data is transitted and managed, and which is enforced at the scheme level - i.e. visa / mastercard / amex)  so you'd have little problem with getting the charges refunded for peace of mind.

Edited by asiam110
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

I used them too but soon got unsolicited spam email trying to sell me visa services etc. They ask for info from you before passing it to the hotel when really only the hotel needs your info. Clearly they are harvesting data for future use or resale. See below:

My name is Grace from Thai Visa Centre, and I wanted to give you a personal welcome to Thailand.

If you have any Thai Visa related questions, or needs please respond to this email. We specialize in offering long term retirement visa services for individuals that are 50 years, or older. In order to utilize most of our visa services you must already be in Thailand.

We also offer VIP Airport Service (gate to gate) in Thailand, as well as COE / Thailand Pass application services to expedite your entry into Thailand.

- Stay Safe ????

REVIEWS
MAP
LINE
ASQ.in.th

HUNB6pmpIs.png

I got the same email once. I deleted it and haven't seen anything since. The asq.in.th is a handy up-to-date portal of available hotels and once you select the hotel, you are dealing direct with that hotel.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, soi3eddie said:

- Stay Safe ????

REVIEWS
MAP
LINE
ASQ.in.th

HUNB6pmpIs.png

well they went to all the trouble to create that website and keep it up to date, for free by the way, so why should they not be allowed to shill their paid services?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

well they went to all the trouble to create that website and keep it up to date, for free by the way, so why should they not be allowed to shill their paid services?

It would be expected that they built their website to earn commission from the hotels. Nothing wrong with that and they have created a good and useful website. They appear to be a booking website except you do not book with them. They collect all your data and supply it to the hotel who then contacts you to proceed a booking. What the website at asq.in.th does not do is state they they will share your data with 3rd parties nor do they give you the option to "opt out" of this. Could you imagine if booking.com, Expedia, Agoda etc. did the same and shared your full name, date of birth, nationality and travel plans with 3rd parties? Nowhere on the asq.in.th site do they say that they are thaivisacentre.com. They have a "privacy policy" that is clearly worthless. Next time I will be more guarded with my info. Maybe you don't care about yours as much.