Thai government passport office

NewGuy

Did they recently close?  My wife renewed her passport there a few weeks ago (mid Oct), first she made a call and they suggested she show up early the next day as they only handle a certain number each day, then turn away the rest. Her passport was mailed to our home a few days later.

https://www.facebook.com/Passport.Pattaya

Edit: She showed up at 7am and they gave her a ticket that was called at 1pm. Plan accordingly.

Edited by bbko
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SidJames said:

They only serve 40 people a day due to being lazy effers covid restrictions so get there early & grab a number.

Not wanting to divert the thread, but all sounds pretty good to me... been waiting over 9 weeks for my UK passport!

On 11/20/2021 at 7:38 AM, jacko45k said:

Not wanting to divert the thread, but all sounds pretty good to me... been waiting over 9 weeks for my UK passport!

A piece on the bbc about this.

Apparently they have been using fedex who have a proper mess of things although the cynic in me wouldn't be surprised if they just don't want people travelling but don't want to say so & have roped in fedex & put the blame on them.

Present UK government is becoming more & more unable to accept blame for anything & are in the process of buying a goat farm as a face saving exercise.

On 11/20/2021 at 7:38 AM, jacko45k said:

Put mine (UK)  in to get renewed this week , was told 11 weeks ...............used Thai Visa Express behind the Avenue 32 page 10000 baht inc using their credit card.........11k for the big one

What did you pay jacko?

The missus finally went to The Avenue’s passport office this morning and had to wait until it opened at 8:30 am. lots of people, she got Number 9 and was called pretty quickly, provided her info, picture taken and paid them 1,500 Baht for a 10-year passport, which will be mailed to her here in Pattaya. She was out by 9:01 am. 

Funny that. On their poster outside there is a sign saying 3,000 Baht for five years and 3,500 for 10 years. But 5 or 10 years of what?