Minding your own business and then this !

CharlieH

2 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

The car driver was not at fault.

The seeding truck not paying attention to the road caused the accident. four way flashers on would have made no difference as the truck driver was out to lunch.

"Fault" is irrelevant in Thailand.  "Death" is more relevant and best avoided.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, jackdd said:

Does your wife always pull over and put emergency flashers when she is waiting at a red light?

That was my immediate thought on readying that post. I had to go back to the clip to verify that the cement truck was indeed stopped at a light as I originally thought.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pravda said:

My wife drives for living. I just showed her this video and she blames the car for not having emergency flashers on or pulling on the side of the road ????

When your wife is driving do you ever ride as  her passenger?

I taught my (first) wife, and  our three kids to drive.  I always stressed to each of them, just remember, every other driver out there is a lunatic, just out to kill you.        Many years later, none of them have ever had an accident.(or caused one to my knowledge)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CharlieH said:

The best tip, is to assume EVERYONE is trying to kill you ! Trust me it works !

When I learned to drive back in the UK many years ago, my driving instructor told me never to forget one thing 

" Just assume everybody around you is a complete Idiot "

Sounds like you had the same instructor.

Not seen an accident for a couple of weeks. Went out at 9,30 am on Thursday and saw 2 within 500 yards, one very serious with a bike rider trapped under a lorry. This was on a wide road with no u turns, side roads to speak of or traffic lights. I refuse to drive here!

3 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

When I learned to drive back in the UK many years ago, my driving instructor told me never to forget one thing 

" Just assume everybody around you is a complete Idiot "

Sounds like you had the same instructor.

Mine told me " The most dangerous person is you coming the other way!"

6 hours ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

I taught my (first) wife, and  our three kids to drive.  I always stressed to each of them, just remember, every other driver out there is a lunatic, just out to kill you.        Many years later, none of them have ever had an accident.(or caused one to my knowledge)

Touch some wood !!