"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK!" (I sleep all night and I work all day!)

Crossy

Despite being several generations removed from Mother England, I was nevertheless an ardent Python fan several decades ago.   Hmm….perhaps I’ll watch The Holy Grail for the umpteenth time

Edited by gamb00ler

9 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Not Python but a suitable replacement from a real logging country?

An attempt was made. I give it a star for participation but the buildup isn’t really there and it’s far too dependent on props. 

Good in its own way possibly great but rather too simplistic and obvious to be a real contender IMHO

As an example of what I mean watch “Michelangelo and the Pope a.k.a The Penultimate Supper”

An easy way of removing tree stump is not to cut it right down to ground level.

Trim off all the branches and top of the tree but leave about 6ft or more of the trunk still attached to the stump. The idea of this to to give leverage when digging out the roots.

Dig around the tree and chop or cut the roots as they are exposed. As the first layer of roots are cut the trunk will become unstable and you can move it from one side then the other cutting the remaining roots that are still attached. 

Keep going round the base leaning the trunk till enough roots are cut for the trunk complete with roots is pulled from the ground.

You can use the car or some sort of block and tackle to help lean the tree trunk in the various directions to expose more roots for cutting.

A block of some sort placed near the base of the trunk can act like a fulcrum to lever the roots out while pushing down on the other end of the trunk.

Looks like too late for Crossy but might be useful for next time.

I saw this on YouTube and it worked for me. 

Can't find the link now

• Like 2