COVID-19: Thailand reports 6,428 new coronavirus cases, 49 deaths, 7,882 recoveries

webfact

COV22.jpg

File photo: REUTERS

Thailand on Monday (November 22) reported 6,428 new COVID-19 cases, 7,882 recoveries and 49 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

▶︎ Infections outside prisons: 5,875. Prisons: 553

▶︎ Recoveries: 7,882

▶︎ Total infections since April 1: 2,042,146

▶︎ Total recoveries since since April 1: 1,937,379

Monday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 2,071,009 with 20,436 deaths.

The news comes as the government having set a new COVID-19 vaccination target to see 100 million doses administered by the end of November, the prime minister has asked all parties to encourage people to come forth to receive their shots.

At least 86.8 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Thailand, leaving 11-12 million doses remaining until the new target is met.

Prime Minister’s Office spokesperson Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana explained that the Ministry of Public Health and partners had engaged the new vaccination target and there are now measures to accelerate vaccine uptake. As an example, the Ministry of Public Health will be holding a “vaccination week” from November 27 to December 5

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update22NOV).png

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-11-22

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Hope all goes well but still a significant number to create a bigger problem with the soft opening now and possible bar and entertainment venue openings looming.  Add too many still unvaxed.

Just look at Austria and Germany doesn't not take much Germany's cases tripled in just a 3 day period last week.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Hope all goes well but still a significant number to create a bigger problem with the soft opening now and possible bar and entertainment venue openings looming.  Add too many still unvaxed.

Just look at Austria and Germany doesn't not take much Germany's cases tripled in just a 3 day period last week.

It looks like parts of Vietnam are bringing back in restrictions already, numbers starting to bounce back over there too.. 

13 minutes ago, anchadian said:

185,639 vaccine doses administered yesterday:

259549493_451499473135049_4952868504190114461_n.jpg

That's not going to get them to 100 million by the end of November like I just read in this OP.

Edited by ThailandRyan

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

That's not going to get them to 100 million by the end of November like I just read in this OP.

National Vaccination Rollout:

Mon 15th: 399,221

Tue 16th: 659,381

Wed 17th: 819,319

Thu 18th: 764,448

Fri 19th: 676,048

Sat 20th: 472,64

Sun 21st: 185,639

TOTAL: 88,989,235 doses since 28 Feb

54.4% of the population fully vaccinated

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1462671866405941249

So what the senior ANalysts make of the hospitalisation rate. It seems to me that the case, death, ICU and ventilator rate have been coming down. However the hospitalisation rate seems to be taking ages to go down. For example two months ago there were about 1000 on ventilators, now less than half that, whereas the overall number had been stuck in high 40ks until recently. I note that one of the other platforms is advising hospital numbers circa 43k, whereas today here it is 40k. Perhaps I've been mixing the two up. Or is it a reflection of the authorities preference to place people in hospital here, even when perhaps not necessary.

5 minutes ago, anchadian said:

According to police, an investigation is underway to find out how the cadets were infected, despite none of them having been allowed to leave the centre for the past five months. Only cooks, maids went out to buy food ingredients.

http://thaip.bs/A2BVW8i

I am sure they were sneaking in and out to get a quickie in with the GF, or to get some special items.  My former BIL was supposed to be in an area where all of the police were in quarantine die to a few being infected.  Did not stop them from exiting and re-entering under cover of darkness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thai Jobless Rate Jumps to the Highest Since 2005 on Covid Hit

(Bloomberg) -- Thailand’s unemployment rose to its highest level in more than 16 years after the worst wave of Covid-19 outbreak to hit the nation decimated jobs in the third quarter. 

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/thai-jobless-rate-jumps-to-the-highest-since-2005-on-covid-hit

Thailand reports 5,126 new COVID-19 cases, 53 deaths and 7,748 recoveries

COV23.JPG

File photo: REUTERS

Thailand on Tuesday (November 23) reported 5,126 new COVID-19 cases, 7,748 recoveries and 53 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1240469-thailand-reports 5126 new-covid-19-cases-53-deaths-and-7748 recoveries/

//CLOSED//

/Admin