It Is A Very Small World

corkscrew

When I was living in NY in the mid '80s, I befriended with this couple who lived across from my apartment. We treated each other like a good neighbors should; greetins, exchanged our small talks, helping with small flower plants, invited each other for a morning cup of coffee once in a while etc. Nothing beyonds that.

I had known them at least 14 yrs. before me and hubby moved to the South. We didn't keep in touch.

Anyway, two years ago while I was touring Barcelona, while waiting at the traffic light, this neighbor and her hubby were also waiting at the other end of the light, she spot me first ( a Thai face in the sea of Westerners), she came running and grabbed me with excitement.

I can tell you that, at that moment we both felt closer than those years we lived side by side in NY. You gain a true friendship through a moment like that.

They even moved to the hotel where I was staying.

It's a small world after all.

2004 around New Years I was getting ready to go home to the U.S. & was in Bangkok with a girl i met in Krabi & traveled with for 3 days. One hour before I had to go to the airport & fly home. While getting up & going out of the bar I kept on hearing the name Barry being called(I know the Barry was not a Thai person as they have a hel_l of a time pronouncing Barry, So I went over in the direction of the voice & found 3 friends I party with in Hawaii where I lived. They had just got back from Indo & Decided to see some of thailand for a change.Was i ever surprised-( Because America is so huge people can go 3000 miles away to see each other & never leave the country)

A year ago I saw a man with the same name of my first landloard I had in Maui Hawaii featured in the pattaya news station channel 28 & I told my girl I know that man. 3 months Ago I ran into Gerry at Tesco lotus & found out he moved here 6 years ago.

I talked to him 6 years prior to that & knew he was moving to a foreign country but never new where. We since then rekindled our friendship! This world truly is a small one where you run into people on the other side of the world & more than just One.

Now I hope to God I never run into the PHYSCO Xgirlfriend I ditched in Hawaii.My Karma is good so I hope being people not Quai mai dee I never run into her!

I love this place!!!!!! :o

Several years ago I was waiting in a KS Road cafe waiting for my then thai bf to meet me when I heard my name being called behind me along with "what on earth are you doing here". I turned & it was an old class mate from high school who I hadn't seen for 9 years but who had recognised me from my back as she passed the cafe!!!!!

Turns out she was travelling around LOS & I was, on the off chance sitting at a cafe I had never been to just cuase it was the only one my bf could remeber the name of so we used it as a recognisble base.

Not so much a small world but it is odd when you see people in places you dont' expect. I saw another old school friend in the maternity ward 4 weeks ago, I was pacing my newborn up & down near the nurses station & I recognised her bf first. It turns out they were on the maternity tour of the hospital but it took me a while to recognise him as even though I have seen him a lot recently, you don't expect to see a man, let alone one you know casually, wandering around a place you just had a baby :o