question about law for rental payment

so i am about to move out after a few years, and got informed i hanvt pay rent last 2 months

so i would have to pay that right away.

i give it the favor of doubt that we all managed to miss one month, but two is implausible,

what does the law say ? i cant find any receipt,

i am about to leave thailand so i got no time at all for investigation, interrogation and so forth

Edited by futurion

17 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Not sure what is your problem as it is difficult to understand what the issue here, when a tenant moves out he should give a notice 1 month in advance and make sure the unit is in good condition so he can get his bond back and that's all and anyone tells you otherwise tell them that they're wrong...

they are asking me to pay last two months rent, again imo

but since i cant find receipt i cant prove i paid last 2 month

i find it incredibly suspicious i havnt been told to pay or been given bill, and still be allowed to live rent free 2 months just because.

the maid is a confirmed liar,

she has borrow money from me and now claim she havnt,

she also hands me the bills

Edited by futurion

2 hours ago, Andyfez said:

Well if you can't prove it you better pay again or you could be arrested at the airport.

Your fault entirely for not keeping records.

Unless it is a huge amount I suggest it's not worth the argument.

yes, i reached that conclusion also

11 hours ago, futurion said:

so i am about to move out after a few years, and got informed i hanvt pay rent last 2 months

so i would have to pay that right away.

i give it the favor of doubt that we all managed to miss one month, but two is implausible,

what does the law say ? i cant find any receipt,

i am about to leave thailand so i got no time at all for investigation, interrogation and so forth

How do you pay your rent?

I pay by bank transfer to the owner.  So in my case a simple statement request from the bank would show that I had paid. 

On 11/23/2021 at 6:37 AM, futurion said:

they are asking me to pay last two months rent, again imo

but since i cant find receipt i cant prove i paid last 2 month

i find it incredibly suspicious i havnt been told to pay or been given bill, and still be allowed to live rent free 2 months just because.

the maid is a confirmed liar,

she has borrow money from me and now claim she havnt,

she also hands me the bills

This story won't get any points from a judge. Best to pay your rent.

Pay the rent your at fault here, if the maid stole it its still your responsibility as the landlord did not get his money. 

Even if she stole it that is between you and the maid not between you and the landlord.

No receipts, case lost.

For the people advising to run and not pay, those are people of low morals. I say this because this is making a problem between him and the maid a problem between him and the landlord who is in his right. No receipts just says it all.

Sure one can run but is morally questionable and legally wrong decision, no wonder landlords want longer deposits and everyone moans about it because of people skipping out on their obligations.  

• Like 2