PromptPay => DeeMoney??

I don't think so.  You use QR code payment.  During the transfer funding process a QR code will appear for the transfer transaction, use your Bangkok Bank app to scan the QR code and pay that way.  Works like a charm....instant.  Just like getting a bill in the mail, scanning the bar/QR code on the bill with your bank app, and then making the payment....only takes a few seconds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pib said:

I don't think so.  You use QR code payment.  During the transfer funding process a QR code will appear for the transfer transaction, use your Bangkok Bank app to scan the QR code and pay that way.  Works like a charm....instant.  Just like getting a bill in the mail, scanning the bar/QR code on the bill with your bank app, and then making the payment....only takes a few seconds.

The QR code is just a means to obtain the necessary information about beneficiary to make the payment. I believe the actual transfer to beneficiary's account is made as a PromptPay transfer, at least the (admittedly few) QR code payments I have made has been marked as such (PromptPay).

I could be wrong but I think when the OP asked if he could transfer money to DeeMoney using PromptPay he was talking sending to a Deemoney phone number, ID number, or tax number.   Just a down and dirty, simple PromptPay transfer where he manually enters/type-in one of above numbers.

Since he said he was using Bangkok Bank if he was to use his Bangkok Bank phone app he would select Transfer, then PromptPay, and then he would need to enter a DeeMoney phone number, ID number, or tax number and an amount to do the payment.  However,  DeeMoney does not give such info for payment via manual type-in to the best of my memory....my last Deemoney transfer was in early 2020 but maybe things have changed.

Unless something has changed since my last DeeMoney transfer,  DeeMoney does not openly display PromptPay payment info during the funding process...like send to DeeMoney XYZ phone number, ID number, tax number, etc., and then you manually enter that info using the PromptPay area of you mbanking/ibanking.    Instead they will display a QR code to use which is probably chucked full of transaction/payment info (even a PromptPay number) which specifically links it to a transfer underway...to fund the transfer.....and you have a couple of  hours to complete the funding/payment or the transfer is cancelled.   

Heck I expect a person could even have several transfers underway and I expect each QR code would be a little different in terms of underlying transaction info as in which transfer it's specifically linked to.  

For a QR payment using a Bangkok Bank app a person would select Pay Bills and then Scan to Pay or a little faster way is just select Scan.....both ways take you to the same spot....a scanning screen to scan the QR/bar code.  You then scan the QR/bar code and payment/transfer info is automatically populated....you then pretty much confirm/approve the payment and you are done.   

From looking at the "details" of some of my mbanking payments where I did via QR/bar code scan it does reflect a reflect a 16 digit "To PromptPay number" like for my NT landline, MEA electric, and MWA water bill payments....but at no time did I enter that 16 digit number....and it's a different number from Ref 1 and Ref 2 number associated with such bills.   All I do is can the QR/bar code, the payment info like references number(s) is automatically populated (no mention of a PromptPay number anywhere) and then I click confirm to complete the payment.   

No mention of PromptPay anywhere for my current payments/transfers or when I did my last DeeMoney transfer but that does not mean the bank is not processing the payment via a PromptPay transaction because with every transfer/payment their is underlying coding not displayed to the customer/sender which is required for a successful transfer/payment....key coding as to how the money will be transferred...what payment/transfer system to use...etc. 

Now with all above being said when looking at the details of a payment I did by scanning a QR code using my mbanking app it will show a PromptPay number sent to in the "details" of the transaction....like my latest phone bill QR payment shows a 16 digit PromptPay number (a number I never entered....it was just embedded in the bar code)...it also shows paid by Mobile Banking channel.  But when I looked at my ibanking via computer logon it looks like below which was my last DeeMoney payment in 2020....and it just says Payment for Goods/Services via Mob channel....no mention of PromptPay although PromptPay may have have been the underlying payment system used. mbanking and ibanking display transaction info a little differently.   Any payments I make today by QR code scanning look the same way on ibanking.

image.png.306602a52903a9159939c4461147e9d3.png

Bottomline...it's easy to fund a DeeMoney transfer using your Thai bank mbanking app....just use the Scan QR/Bar code function in the app and you can fund the transfer instantly....easy.  No need to enter a bunch of numbers....enter a number and possibly make a typo causing the transfer to fail.