Decent mens shoe shop Bkk?

clivebaxter

Better not name the shops but the last 4 pairs of shoes I bought over the past 2 years, from one starting with B and the other with T lasted a few months of light wear. First time I wore one the sole came right off, but had them over a year. Apart from that they just fall apart and the leather looks like cardboard underneath. Had some nice Hush Puppies which have lasted 8 years but they don't look as good in the stores these days, any recommended shops? fed up with buying rubbish, almost fake shoes!

Bite the bullet and buy a ticket to Singapore.  There are several good makers of bespoke shoes there.  Buy yourself a couple of pairs.  They will last for years and when repairs are needed, just post the shoes to them.

Problem solved for this lifetime. 

It isn't that they are too expensive - - It IS that you are worth it

Edited by ourdon
  • Haha 1

Clark shoes are sold in Thailand in major malls.  High quality, a bit pricey but within the ranges for Clarks sold in the US.  They were about the only shoes I wore for years until I retired. 
This gives you an idea of their offerings.

https://www.clarksusa.com/

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, connda said:

Clark shoes are sold in Thailand in major malls.  High quality, a bit pricey but within the ranges for Clarks sold in the US.  They were about the only shoes I wore for years until I retired. 
This gives you an idea of their offerings.

https://www.clarksusa.com/

I grew up on Clark’s desert boots but the last couple pairs I bought (within the last 5 years) were extremely disappointing.  Same thing happened with Doc Martens.  Something about the leather….it just never broke in right.   I think my next pair of shoes are going to have to be custom made…just have to figure out who can do the best job here in Bangkok as I already have the leather.