Thai pass

After all my hard work of applying for a visa and Thai pass from UK to visit family in Thailand I failed the pcr test.

So now I have to isolate in UK for 10 days. I managed to put on hold my air ticket without loss albeit a £75 fee later when I give another date. I secured the Thai visa so no problem there. The ASQ have also put on hold till I again give a new date so again no problem there. But then we come to the 3 remaining problems.

1. Do I have to re-apply for a new Thai pass after my 10 days are up. or is there a way to edit it?.

2. I booked and paid for axe insurance which was reccomended on here and all was well till covid failed. I have tried numerous emails to them to find out what I should do ie change date or cancel policy but as of yet no reply and my policy is due to start on 26th Nov.

also if I/they cancel it would I be refused due to me having had covid?.

I plan to come to Thailand as soon as possible after isolation.

3. as far as I can understand once you have had covid it can show up positive for up to 90 days after, so when I go to my ASQ hotel and have another pcr test it will very possible be going to show positive any thoughts on what I should do about that.

Sorry for long winded question but just want to prepare myself as much as possible.

5 hours ago, blueeyes said:

3. as far as I can understand once you have had covid it can show up positive for up to 90 days after, so when I go to my ASQ hotel and have another pcr test it will very possible be going to show positive any thoughts on what I should do about that.

If a PCR test shows you as positive, then you wouldn't be allowed on the plane. Once you test negative on the pre-flight PCR test you would also test negative on the PCR test in Thailand.

On 11/24/2021 at 7:13 PM, blueeyes said:

After all my hard work of applying for a visa and Thai pass from UK to visit family in Thailand I failed the pcr test.

Bad luck....what a bummer.

Just taken mine today!!! Fingers crossed.

Get the results tonight.

On 11/25/2021 at 2:16 AM, jackdd said:

Once you test negative on the pre-flight PCR test you would also test negative on the PCR test in Thailand.

That's not sure.

you can be ok after the first and detected as infected on the seond test. There is also the risk of a false positive test.

Though both is unlikely.

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Like 1

1. You will need to do a new Thailand Pass.

2. You should be able to change the arrival/effective date. Keep contacting them.

Being infected lessens you chance of being infected again for at least 90 days.

Be sure you get proof you have been infected and have recovered.

3. I am not sure that is correct.

Have you been vaccinated?