Thailand Pass with work permit

Hi all, I would like to go back home for Christmas and am wondering if anyone knows what the procedure is for flying back to Thailand if I have a work permit and nonB visa? I asked at immigration today and they said all I need is a re-entry permit and no Thailand Pass needed. I highly doubt this is the case but there is little information about this.

1 hour ago, Genmai said:

Hi all, I would like to go back home for Christmas and am wondering if anyone knows what the procedure is for flying back to Thailand if I have a work permit and nonB visa? I asked at immigration today and they said all I need is a re-entry permit and no Thailand Pass needed. I highly doubt this is the case but there is little information about this.

Two separate things:

1) Thailand Pass - You will need to apply for a Thailand Pass for entry to Thailand no matter what your nationality or visa status - The Thailand Pass is independent from Visa, you don’t have submit any visa information when applying for your Thailand Pass: 

For the Thailand Pass you submit: a) Passport ID Page, b) Certificate of Insurance, c) Certificate of Vaccination (and QR Code), d) AQ hotel (or SHA++) Test & Go booking package.

2) Entry with Work Permit: You re-enter as you always have, the same rules apply.

IF you have been informed that all you need is a re-entry permit, you have been misguided - You need a Thailand Pass and IF your visa status requires a re-entry permit, you also need that. 

Note: Thailand Pass is not the same as a re-entry permit.