US democracy summit is ‘pure politics’ – FM Don

webfact

Maybe the US should change its mind and turn around and invite Thailand to the meeting. Still excluding China, of course.  I wonder how the Thais would deal with that? After making a fuss about not getting an invitation, they need to choose to go with the US and its meeting or stand with China.  

On 11/26/2021 at 11:12 AM, gearbox said:

Mr Don doesn't seem to be too upset on the photo. Thailand is not a democracy for sure, but even if it was, what's in for them at this so called "democracy summit" ? The most they'll get is to cop some bullying to drop Chinese investments here and there. If the Americans don't want them to buy Chinese phones, just ship to Thailand free iPhones, I'm sure the Thais won't refuse the offer.

Your statement sounds right to the point about this topic while many others on this tread could not interpret and understand Thai FM Mr Don  " read my lips " wording and could not read facial expression and body language. 

Mr. Don and PM Mr. Prayut  do NOT WANT AN INVITATION  and do not care to go to this "Democracy Summit".    Better not be invited is what these two gents are thinking. 

Instead,  Mr. Don talked smilingly and intrinsically laughed at the  original/host of the summit. 

• Haha 1