Massive overnight fire destroys warehouse for the second time in Si Racha

webfact

4tQ7USPl-382767-768x432-1-696x392.jpg

PHOTO: Top News / Singthong Nammala

By Goong Nang(GN)

Si Racha – A massive fire overnight has destroyed a huge warehouse for the second time in only two months in Si Racha.

First, a video of the fire can be seen here:

Firefighters were notified of the fire yesterday morning before dawn (November 25th) at a recycling warehouse in the Nong Kham sub-district.

Fire fighting teams arrived at the scene with ten fire engines to find the fire was already heavily ablaze. The fire was finally put under control after many hours of water spraying. 

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/11/26/massive-overnight-fire-destroys-warehouse-for-the-second-time-in-si-racha/

PattayaNews.jpg

I am just curious and I'm sure many are already asking this question,, but does it really not seem obvious  to the authorities?  I mean so many fires in the past couple of years, or so, have been repeat fires?  How many times does lightning  strike twice in the same place?  It just doesn't happen.   One place where  a fire happens  twice maybe could happen, but would seem suspicious.   But I can think of at least three places where a fire has struck twice, at each of them in the last year or two.  There may be more happening but like many things that go on, not all reported.   I just wonder if the insurance companies have adequate inspectors doing their own investigation?  I know it's not professional  to assume or speculate,  but really there is just no way fires keep happening  twice at so many establishments.   Unless  the place was buit sub par.  Oh!  Wait I forgot,  maybe there is no real standard  of quality. 

20 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

How many times does lightning  strike twice in the same place?  It just doesn't happen.   

It does happ[en. lightning, that is. Why they put the rods on top of buildings, not the side.

"Myth: Lightning never strikes in one place twice. Fact: Actually, lightning can, and often does, strike the same place repeatedly — especially if it's a tall and isolated object. For example, the Empire State Building is hit about 25 times per year."

But arson, at least in this case: you bet that's where my money would be

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Firefighters were notified of the fire yesterday morning before dawn (November 25th) at a recycling warehouse in the Nong Kham sub-district.

Makes you wonder what or how they were storing recycled products?

6 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

I am just curious and I'm sure many are already asking this question,, but does it really not seem obvious  to the authorities?  I mean so many fires in the past couple of years, or so, have been repeat fires?  How many times does lightning  strike twice in the same place?  It just doesn't happen.   One place where  a fire happens  twice maybe could happen, but would seem suspicious.   But I can think of at least three places where a fire has struck twice, at each of them in the last year or two.  There may be more happening but like many things that go on, not all reported.   I just wonder if the insurance companies have adequate inspectors doing their own investigation?  I know it's not professional  to assume or speculate,  but really there is just no way fires keep happening  twice at so many establishments.   Unless  the place was buit sub par.  Oh!  Wait I forgot,  maybe there is no real standard  of quality. 

Back home I had a mate in the glass business.  His biggest jobs were night clubs supplying mirrored walls etc, and they always came after the clubs had been burnt out by "accidental electrical fires" just at a time when the venues needed a decor/theme change.   As 'luck' would have it the revamps were paid for by insurance claims.  However I can never understand why sometimes he had the requests for quotations and new plans BEFORE the fire??  

• Haha 1