Travellers can enter Thailand by sea and land from December 24th

webfact

36 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well, as Thailand eases entry requirements, in Europe and USA, stock markets fall sharply and  impose restrictions on travel from some countries, and it now has a name, that name being 'OMICRON'......

A variant of concern.

Yes, they ease restrictions for tourists exactly in the wrong moment, unbelievable.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

No mention of tests required entering by land, or is that the test and go ? 

Very unclear but seems like it will be same Test & Go procedure as for those arriving by air, whatever that turns out  to be.(seems to be a change comng but terms are unclear).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Be nice to visit Phnom Penh.

Great city for fun and action.

For reference in today's Khmer news (27 November 2021);-

These are all land crossings.

"December 16 target date for four Thai-Cambodia border checkpoints to be reopened"

In Cambodia, the four points are identified as Banteay Meanchey’s Poipet International, Malai and Boeung Trakoun, and for Battambang province, the Kilo 13 International border in Sampov Loun district.

This however is dependent on the joint decision by the Cambodian Government and Thailand’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA).

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50978215/december-16-target-date-for-four-thai-cambodia-border-checkpoins-to-be-reopened/

• Like 1

So visa run company's could become back in business ....., and non O-A can be changed to Non "O" and get rid of the insurance need  when extending the ret .ext. 

Edited by david555

3 hours ago, david555 said:

So visa run company's could become back in business ....., and non O-A can be changed to Non "O" and get rid of the insurance need  when extending the ret .ext. 

Laos border is not open.
Cambodian borders are the worst border points of all to do a border run, with many issues reported.

Edited by ThLT

35 minutes ago, ThLT said:

Laos border is not open.
Cambodian borders are the worst border points of all to do a border run, with many issues reported.

Patience....they just announced it on both sides...????

About worse points  ...when i did visa runs 9 years ago never had a problem , of course i had the proper visa to run ...and never at  Poitpet but always at xxxxnam ron ( forget complete name )..

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

Patience....they just announced it on both sides...

Where did they announce Laos had open their Nong Khai border? ????

Laos is still closed and it's 14-day quarantine even if vaccinated. And is not issuing visas right now.

5 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

For reference in today's Khmer news (27 November 2021);-

These are all land crossings.

"December 16 target date for four Thai-Cambodia border checkpoints to be reopened"

In Cambodia, the four points are identified as Banteay Meanchey’s Poipet International, Malai and Boeung Trakoun, and for Battambang province, the Kilo 13 International border in Sampov Loun district.

This however is dependent on the joint decision by the Cambodian Government and Thailand’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA).

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50978215/december-16-target-date-for-four-thai-cambodia-border-checkpoins-to-be-reopened/

Thanks.

Now with the new variant probably stay here.  Cambodia is nice to visit but I wouldn't want to get stuck there.  My wife would be pi$$ed.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ThLT said:

Where did they announce Laos had open their Nong Khai border? ????

Laos is still closed and it's 14-day quarantine even if vaccinated. And is not issuing visas right now.

when i mentioned " both sides " i was in mind refering to Cambodia ...not your by preference Laos ..., those probably would become later as they see the 2 others Thai & Cambodia worked out fine 

2 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Thanks.

Now with the new variant probably stay here.  Cambodia is nice to visit but I wouldn't want to get stuck there.  My wife would be pi$$ed.

Wife...? So no problem to get a stay in Thailand on married to Thai status i guess 

1 minute ago, david555 said:

when i mentioned " both sides " i was in mind refering to Cambodia ...not your by preference Laos ..., those probably would become later as they see the 2 others Thai & Cambodia worked out fine 

Cambodian borders are the worst of all (especially Poipet, to avoid at all costs). Anything else is a preference. ????

6 minutes ago, ThLT said:

Cambodian borders are the worst of all (especially Poipet, to avoid at all costs). Anything else is a preference. ????

About Poipet i know , my visa run service i used go always to that pung nam ron border point ...was the name ....i think

But have never bin so relaxed as i started my ret ext. ....if old enough for ret ext. Or if to young -50 year and  married to Thai  best thing is to go that way 

Edited by david555

19 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Thanks.

No mention of the land border at Chong Chom which is south of Surin city! Is this going to be open?

10 minutes ago, fgmr said:

No mention of the land border at Chong Chom which is south of Surin city! Is this going to be open?

I don't know.

Things are changing rapidly with the new variant.

I don't thin Lao borders are opening anytime soon either.  

Thats to bad for marriage visas from Mukdahan-Savanakhet. 

I used to enjoy those trips.

Edited by MrJ2U

15 minutes ago, fgmr said:

Apparently not, only those listed in my post along the Western Cambodian border with Thailand, giving easier access to Bangkok, not only for travelers but increased trade (freight etc.) as well. 

16 hours ago, david555 said:

Is this a permanent change meaning for an Extension made the following years, there will be no mention of Insurance  (excluding a policy change)? Or is the insurance requirement 'signed off', like the money in the bank requirement is by agent help.... meaning you are committed to using an agent every year? 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Is this a permanent change meaning for an Extension made the following years, there will be no mention of Insurance  (excluding a policy change)? Or is the insurance requirement 'signed off', like the money in the bank requirement is by agent help.... meaning you are committed to using an agent every year? 

If you can change from Non O-A to " O"  and have really your own 800 K on Thai bank and doc. You do not need an agent and so not on that system "hooked " for following years to come....i guess ! 

Unless their should becoming a synchronization for example that insurrance demand for all ret.extensions .....let us cross our fingers for that ????

(And abot the applicants  former "agents use" history ......i really dont know if wiped out ?? )