Pattaya City Mayor pushing to allow alcohol sales in restaurants and to reopen entertainment venues as a test zone in Pattaya after Fireworks Festival was a success

webfact

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Isn't 2 or 3 days rather early to say the festival has not caused an up-kick in infections. I have just read elsewhere of schoolkids who attended, now testing positive. 

In the same vein isn't that early too?

Go the fireworks on Saturday and be positive on a Monday?

More likely they got it somewhere else I would think, I'm sure there is a Thai Visa virologist on hand to correct me if wrong ????

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Halfaboy said:

He knows how to sell something....

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck and still hasn't been gazetted on Friday.

Would you buy a used car from this man?

Edited by wombat
  • Haha 1

Just now, ezzra said:

Let's just say that they can give it a go and see how it works, if all well than continue because to close and shutdown can always be done in a matter of minutes...

Just like Phuket?

They'll never close it once opened.

• Like 1

Why all the worry if everyone is vaccinated or tested regularly. I thought that was the “cure” no reason not to open to the vaccinated especially the Foreigners who have to be double vaccinated, do a PCR test before they fly and one on arrival. Crazy!

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Isn't 2 or 3 days rather early to say the festival has not caused an up-kick in infections. I have just read elsewhere of schoolkids who attended, now testing positive. 

Yes, my daughter has been told to stay home again, as there was a positive test in the class.

Apparently caught covid at the firework festival

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Predictable and controllable.

Kids testing positive stay home for two (school) weeks and the household self-isolates. After all pass a re-test, the kid goes back to school.

Kids who may have had contact with a positive tested person gets tested along with the whole household and stays home for one (school) week. After all pass a re-test, the kid goes back to school.

If the people at this fireworks event were crowded together, then another week to 2 will be the real

test in a surge of COVID cases.  The school kids getting tested positive may be just the tip of 

this latest COVID spike. Hope that I am wrong, and that Pattaya and other locked down places

can get the same rules as Bangkok or Phuket.

• Like 2

On 11/30/2021 at 6:55 AM, thailand49 said:

Go ahead show some fortitude! Bangkok can guess they have their own science and rules you are the Mayor time to stand up and show you are the leader?????

Safe to say there is a major growing conflict between the local organizations in Pattaya and the Bangkok powerful elite. With very opposing objectives. Have no idea how this is going to end badly.

On 11/30/2021 at 9:13 AM, webfact said:

The Pattaya City Mayor, Sontaya Kunplome, said that he is pushing provincial and national government officials to allow alcohol sales in restaurants and for entertainment venues to legally reopen as a test area in Pattaya after the Pattaya Fireworks Festival has, according to him, succeeded

Visions of brown envelopes.

2 hours ago, morrobay said:

Safe to say there is a major growing conflict between the local organizations in Pattaya and the Bangkok powerful elite. With very opposing objectives. Have no idea how this is going to end badly.

Maybe, but remember who put the Pattaya mayor in post. Tu-tu, so he will do as he is told.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/30/2021 at 1:58 PM, ezzra said:

Let's just say that the man knows what's is good for the city.. beside, they can give it a go and see how it works, if all well than continue because to close and shutdown can always be done in a matter of minutes...

Had you said "the man knows what's is good for himself" I'd have agreed with you. Has he ever done anything at all that is good for the city?

2 hours ago, morrobay said:

IMO it'll end the way that is beneficial to the usual suspects ( ie what pays out the most ). That may or may not be bad for the people that live and work in the city.