Firework festival and Covid

Swiss1960

Many student's at many schools have been showing up at schools testing positive.   They test the children.  Tell the parents, and inform them to keep students home unntil test results  are back, then only the students  testing positive  must be isolated at home and the rest return.   This has been happening  everywhere, but they aren't sharing this news.  They want to open, and now theres a new strain. They will still open this counyry now.

Given the time lines unlikely it was the fireworks, but I will bow to one of our resident virologists for their opinion. Fireworks Saturday, test positive on Monday?

Most likely got it somewhere else IMHO. Fire work infections will come later......

• Like 2

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/11/25/pattaya-warns-people-who-visited-pattaya-music-festival-weekend-2-in-relation-to-chonburi-confirmed-covid-19-cases/

Pattaya warns people who visited Pattaya Music Festival weekend 2 in relation to Chonburi confirmed Covid -19 cases

The Chonburi Public Health Office today (November 25th) has released a warning to inform people who went to Pattaya Music Festival 2021, weekend 2 of the event, to take a Covid-19 Rapid Antigen test. (ATK).

EVERYONE who visited the Pattaya Music Festival 2021 from November 12th to November 13th, 2021 OUTSIDE the event area and did not follow Covid -19 measurements such as taking off face masks or gathering and drinking alcohol, please take a Covid-19 Rapid Antigen test(ATK).

• Sad 1

All those people on the photo gonna be infected. Ha!

Not so the Bangkokian Ferrari-"HiSos" and JustAnotherHun. We kept social distance to the virus spreaders and watched the firework in safe distance from the Rooftop Terrasse in Central.

So I survived ????

Today I had to do my Antigen Test, mandatory 6 days after the test&go.

10 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

I hear the local 7/11's doors were super busy with everyone going in to buy their drinks. 

Certainly the craziest 7/11 scenes I've seen since pre-Covid Khaosan Road Songkran festivals. At the large 7/11 on Beach Road next to Central Festival, they had two extra staff for queue management, plus they sold packs of ice outside in front of the shop. They must have made an absolute killing.

Fun as it all was, it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out that it wasn't just a fireworks festival, but also a Covid spread fest. I staid in an area with beach chairs for rent that were nicely spaced out, but many photos from elsewhere on the beach look quite crazy. 

On 11/30/2021 at 8:57 PM, Jumbo1968 said:

If there is no spike or a small one there is no reason they can continue the alcohol ban.

People came from all around for the show.  

I have no doubt there will be a spike, it's just the spike will be spread across neighbouring provinces.  

On 11/30/2021 at 3:22 AM, Swiss1960 said:

There is yet to be an official announcement from the school or the health department, but I know that I will keep my daughter at home for now and have her do a Covid antigen test, even though she did receive her Pfizer shots through the school vaccination program.

She had Pfizer shots so she is completely safe from contracting the virus.  I hear that daily so it must be true.