Are these OTC ?

eezergood

These are foreign brand names, do nto ask for them specifically as these brands not available here, but other brands of same thing are.

1. Miradep =  mirtazapine. Mirtazapine is available over the counter in Thailand, 2 brands available:

• Remeron - imported, expensive
  • Zamir - local brand. COmes ibn both 15 and 30 mg doses

2. Venlor = venlafaxine. Available over the counter.  (I assume you mean Venlor XR). 2 brands here:

• Efexor XR - imported, expensive
  • Valosine SR - local brand

3. Xanor = Alprazolam. Controlled drug here, you have to get at a hospital from a doctor and they will limit the amount provided at one time.

You can bring up to 90 days worth of these meds with you when you enter Thailand. Make sure in clearly labelled bottles.

I suggest you also bring with you a letter from your doctor describing your history and the need for these meds, will help if you need to see a doctor while here.

Be aware that mental health services in Thailand are very limited to nil  outside of major cities. And that traveling to a new country/cultural can be very unsettling and, at least initially, destabilizing (for anyone but especially for people suffering from anxiety and depression).

On 12/1/2021 at 7:15 PM, Sheryl said:

These are foreign brand names, do nto ask for them specifically as these brands not available here, but other brands of same thing are.

1. Miradep =  mirtazapine. Mirtazapine is available over the counter in Thailand, 2 brands available:

• Remeron - imported, expensive
  • Zamir - local brand. COmes ibn both 15 and 30 mg doses

2. Venlor = venlafaxine. Available over the counter.  (I assume you mean Venlor XR). 2 brands here:

• Efexor XR - imported, expensive
  • Valosine SR - local brand

3. Xanor = Alprazolam. Controlled drug here, you have to get at a hospital from a doctor and they will limit the amount provided at one time.

You can bring up to 90 days worth of these meds with you when you enter Thailand. Make sure in clearly labelled bottles.

I suggest you also bring with you a letter from your doctor describing your history and the need for these meds, will help if you need to see a doctor while here.

Be aware that mental health services in Thailand are very limited to nil  outside of major cities. And that traveling to a new country/cultural can be very unsettling and, at least initially, destabilizing (for anyone but especially for people suffering from anxiety and depression).

Many thanks - these are for a friend that finds himself stuck here due to borders closing and was becoming anxious about his lack of medications. I believe he will take his current prescription and history and visit a Dr.

Thanks very much for the reply