which insurance for STV

Which insurance did people get for the STV and what cost should I estimate this for?
I had a look on various insurer`s websites, it is not even clear to me if I need separate policies for the covid-19 coverage, and the regular health insurance requirement of 400k inpatient and 40k outpatient.

Anyone who has experience and can help is very much appreciated.

Hi,

It's tough to find any answers mate, i have been searching the site for hours trying to find out what length of insurance a returning O Visa holder needs for the Thailand Pass.

Try reading this, it may help a little.

Courtesy of ubonjoe from a different thread.

I finally got on the website for the official consulate in Vancouver and found info about the STV.

See this PDF file. http://www.thaiconsulatevancouver.ca/consulate/documents/visa/stv.pdf

Edited by WHansen
username correction

Hi,

Pacific Cross maxima plan covers what you are looking for. This was accepted for both my stv visa application in my home country and also for the extension at Chang Wattana. The price varies by your age and any pre existing conditions.

There are others aswell of course I hope that helps you. 

I used AXA Thailand for my STV. If you want the contact details of the insurance agent I used (He is English but based in Thailand I think) PM me.

From memory I paid about £600 for 9 months cover for whatever was needed to get the visa. I am 54.

Usual disclaimer, I have nothing to do with AXA, the policy just got me what was needed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2021 at 1:28 AM, Greenwich Boy said:

I used AXA Thailand for my STV. If you want the contact details of the insurance agent I used (He is English but based in Thailand I think) PM me.

From memory I paid about £600 for 9 months cover for whatever was needed to get the visa. I am 54.

Usual disclaimer, I have nothing to do with AXA, the policy just got me what was needed.

On 12/1/2021 at 10:05 PM, bear9 said:

Hi,

Pacific Cross maxima plan covers what you are looking for. This was accepted for both my stv visa application in my home country and also for the extension at Chang Wattana. The price varies by your age and any pre existing conditions.

There are others aswell of course I hope that helps you. 

Same Q for both of you.. did you have to buy separate Covid insurance?

Edited by underthesky
more info

4 hours ago, underthesky said:

Same Q for both of you.. did you have to buy separate Covid insurance?

No the 1 policy covered me for everything.

includes 400k inpatient expenses, outpatient 40k and 100k Covid insurance.

Policy is not cheap around 40,000 for my age group. You can get a 50% discount if you agree to 300k baht deductible.

This is what I did as I really just need the wording for the embassy so paid in around 20k but I’d now have to pay 300k deductible with the 50% discount if I did need treatment.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mangolina said:

Luma Thailand Pass worked for me, make sure to choose Plan 1 and above which is the coverage 100K 

https://www.lumahealth.com/travel-insurance/covid-insurance/

Not enough for the STV visa this is not health insurance this is travel insurance.

For stv you need health insurance which covers 400k inpatient expenses and 40k outpatient expenses.