Revised COVID-19 Provincial Zones and the Implications for the Sale of Alcohol in Restaurants

mikosan

Following the publication of this article

and the implications with regards to Hua Hin, which is basically connected to Cha Am, a bit like a smaller version of Perth and Freemantle, I did a bit of research and 
I came across this article

It would seem that Hua Hin and Nong Kae are now also in Blue Zones, whilst the rest of Prachuabkhirikhan remains in a red zone.
The wording is ambiguous, but it would seem that restaurants in blue zones can 'open normally'. Quite what that means is subject to conjecture, but logically wouldn't that mean the service of alcohol?

The article clearly states that 'the sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages for dine-in customers remain prohibited in the orange and red zones'.
But Hua Hin and Nong Kae, whilst still in a red zone, are specifically classified as being exceptions and now in a blue zone.

The same applies to Cha Am, which is in Petchaburi, an orange zone. And also to Pattaya, which is now a blue zone exception, in the orange zone of Chonburi.

But this is Thailand and very little is logical here, so I fully expect this ambiguity to be refuted tomorrow.

We shall see, but if it isn't, maybe the governor of Petchaburi is right and if I owned a restaurant, I might consider knocking the tops off a few beer bottles and pouring some wine into wine glasses, openly rather than surreptitiously, as they do now.