Central Group to buy famous department store chain Selfridges

webfact

18 hours ago, BostonRob2 said:

No fish, but that name sounded a bit naff. 

Never mind selling fridges- washing machines for all that lovely loot  CP have 'earned'. Yes a good place for a hotel? But there is a Selfridge Hotel on the site with a multistorey car park.

Maybe a Thai style shopping mall- Central World or Selfridge World combined with a theme park?

Ok Ok convert to luxury serviced apartments and flog for 20-40m gbp each- so boring!

18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You really think that Central isn't aware of what's going on in the high streets?

Do you know if they are? 

They could simply be buying a famous name on reputation, it wouldn't be the first time an Asian nation had purchased something in reputation and history alone. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MaiDong said:
20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You really think that Central isn't aware of what's going on in the high streets?

Do you know if they are? 

Obviously, I do not know, no one knows that but then I did not say that I did know, did I?  It's very unlikely, however, that they would not have done their due diligence on such a huge purchase.

11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Proof of what?  That foreign companies can make purchases in Thailand over the 49% level?  Why do I need to prove that?  It's freely available information, try Google for a start.

It's your post so I am asking you. It's easy to tell stories without evidence, I consider them as fake news.

• Like 1

World wide, most , not all, large corporations  are  owned or at least controlled  by outside  agencies   located in another country, with the majority of shareholders being foreign institutions or  global  superannuation funds and similar.

On 12/3/2021 at 5:18 PM, MaiDong said:

Do you know if they are? 

They could simply be buying a famous name on reputation, it wouldn't be the first time an Asian nation had purchased something in reputation and history alone. 

Central already own stores in other European countries so I'd guess they have a fair idea of the situation in the UK.