FDA Confirms Standard of Registered Face Masks

webfact

Untitกกแแled-1-copy-1.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 2 (TNA) – The Food and Drug Administration has assured that the medical face mask brands registered with it make standard products.

FDA deputy secretary-general Dr. Surachoke Tangwiwat said medical masks or surgical masks and medical N95 masks were defined as medical instruments and their manufacturers and importers must receive permission from the FDA. 

Besides, they must present certificates to prove the efficacy of their products as required by the FDA.

Also, the FDA was checking the quality of products available in markets. It collected samples of surgical and medical N95 masks and took legal action against the manufacturers that made substandard products, he said.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-835366

tnalogo.jpg
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, johng said:

How about  mandating that everyone walks around in full hazmat suits whilst outside their own homes ????

It's not about hazmat suits...

It's about the governments made us wear masks to prevent a fraction of the spreading, so why have a standard that has to be meet when it comes to surgical masks etc, and then on the other hand it's ok if you put on a cloth masks where most are proven to be less effective.

How many people wash their cloth masks each day?

How many touches the same cloth mask 100 times a day and reuse it the next day.

I'm no fan of masks, but if we have to use them, it's stupid we are using something less effective.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Virt said:

It's not about hazmat suits...

It's about the governments made us wear masks to prevent a fraction of the spreading, so why have a standard that has to be meet when it comes to surgical masks etc, and then on the other hand it's ok if you put on a cloth masks where most are proven to be less effective.

How many people wash their cloth masks each day?

How many touches the same cloth mask 100 times a day and reuse it the next day.

I'm no fan of masks, but if we have to use them, it's stupid we are using something less effective.

A lot of Thai people I see in my area wear the cheapest mask you can buy. Why don't the government subtilize the good masks so the poor Thai people can afford them?

First fake gloves now fake masks all go with the fake government.

I see masks for sale everywhere, none carry a government (FDA) approved logo.

But we have government approved, vaccines, hotels, restaurants etc etc but the most basic virus protection has nothing.