Phuket residents angered by Pfizer walk-in queue confusion

webfact

1638501316_1.jpg

People wait to enter the Indoor Sports Stadium at Saphan Hin yesterday (Dec 2). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

By Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Local residents have voiced their anger over the poor organisation of the walk-in Pfizer vaccinations at the Indoor Sports stadium at Saphan Hin yesterday (Dec 2).

Among the biggest concerns were that people were left standing outside for hours with no social distancing enforced in the queues while waiting to be told to enter the stadium.

When The Phuket News arrived at 11am, local residents were arguing with organisers, calling for them to better organise the waiting area outside the stadium.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-residents-angered-by-pfizer-walk-in-queue-confusion-82248.php

pkt..jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-12-03

3 hours ago, webfact said:

When The Phuket News arrived at 11am, local residents were arguing with organisers, calling for them to better organise the waiting area outside the stadium.

When I arrived at 10:00 the gate was already closed and the security guard said "already finish, come tomorrow" :biggrin:

ok nvm, I don't need this vaccine that much.

29 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

Does this walk-in process include for foreigner Pfizer booster after govt. AZ double jab here ? Or is it just govt. Pfizer 2nd shot after Sinovac 1st jab ? 

It was earlier reported as only for those that had had no vaccine at all or only 1 dose.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1241482-vachira-phuket-offers-walk-in-pfizer-jabs/

Edited by beechbum
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, beechbum said:

I think it was earlier reported as only for those that had had no vaccine at all.

Vachira Hosp. busy yesterday with vaxxing Thais with first Sino then AZ. So Don’t understand this four hours long wait walk -in stadium service. use Vachira ! Packed though ……but organized with everybody seated.

I got there at 9 and it was a CF everybody in one bid group no distancing at all and they said their wasn’t ant left so I turned around and went home.
I am 68 with a heart condition and can’t get vaccinated.

I have several millionbht and a monthly income of 400,000bht per month.

I have a Thai wife and two kids that I take very good care of. I am in the class that Thailand is trying to encourage to come to Thailand but they don’t even care if I get vaccinated. <deleted>

• Thanks 1

For the expats that have money, why don't you fly to Guam and get the Pfizer shot?

I guess people with money do not like to spend any of it.  I have a few

rich friends, and I have to say that a lot of them are cheaper than me with their money.

Guess that is why they are rich and I am not. 555.  I have also been to some poorly organized

events, and my Thai family said,  thats the Thai way. 555..