Question Regarding Public Hospitals in Thailand - and Health Insurance

BangkokBaksida

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Ah ok i remember now you mentioned this before, so can't really be compared with Thai health insurance as it's different

Ah you remember my previous post. Very good.

It's a health-investment product sold by a Thai company in Thailand and gives me worldwide cover.

I actually bought it for the investment return rather than the health cover, because like a lot of people who've never had to go into hospital, I had the underlying assumption that I was invulnerable lol.

But actually when you get down to it, there's isn't a huge amount of difference between assurance and insurance. The key differences are (1) the payment schedule (2) the term (3) the payout trigger. Both products are designed by actuaries of course, in conjunction with the marketing dept.

On 12/3/2021 at 6:14 PM, BangkokBaksida said:

Very good point regarding India.  Thanks for reminding me of that option.  I have good friends there whom I can stay with, and I even once had a colonoscopy in Chennai - for less than a hundred dollars.  So yeah, it can be an option for planned procedures.

Colonoscopy & sigmoidoscopy at Chula=B8000. My public hospital has never charged me differently than Thais: standard consult B250.

• Like 1