Visor on Helmet Distorting my vision?

SamuiAddict

Bit strange this one. I've got a decent Index helmet with visor.  Fit nice and snug but when I've got the visor down my vision seems slightly distorted, almost very slightly magnified or something.  It makes me feel very uncomfortable when riding so I just put it straight back up again.  I tested it by putting the visor half way down so I could look through the visor and then underneath - and theres a definite change between what I'm seeing through the visor and without.  I've give it a google but can't find anything about this etc.  Anyone ever experienced something like this before or got any advice?  Thanks

Edited by SamuiAddict

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Index is a cheap make, buy a better quality one, Real is a step up, but I bought a Shark and it's very good

Yes it is a cheap helmet but the visor should be ok. Take it back to the shop and get another visor try a tinted one. I had a Index helmet when I first came here 20 years ago now I have only a few Shoei helmets. So if you can't see well change the visor first.

Buy a good quality helmet and this won't happen. I have an AGV full-face with both clear and tinted visors ... I wear multi-focal glasses and sunnies and never had any sense of distortion or magnification for this beautiful Italian helmet. The chap who mentioned Shark helmet recommends a really good brand too ????