O-A insurance

Pacific Cross has a variety of plans, Thai Health Insurance website - www.longstay.tgia.org,  you are coming to Thailand with an OA? If so you should consider something else - Visa Exempt, Tourist visa, 90 day Non 0.........

Edited by CANSIAM
  • Like 2

Pacific Cross has some decent plans.  The only one I have used so far.  You can apply with them from this webiste.

BUT!, they will scour your medical records every year looking for stuff to exclude from your policy.  I don't know how bad the others are in this respect.  They could all be the same.

On O-A Visa Extensions, so have the LMG useless 11,400 baht insurance. Am sending out inquiries with a total background information. Got a bid back yesterday at $2100 USD per month. My monthly retirement budget here in Thailand is $2400 uSD … right. I’ll get right on that.

• Confused 2

51 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

On O-A Visa Extensions, so have the LMG useless 11,400 baht insurance. Am sending out inquiries with a total background information. Got a bid back yesterday at $2100 USD per month. My monthly retirement budget here in Thailand is $2400 uSD … right. I’ll get right on that.

Which LMG are you using?  For O-A retirement extension, you only need the 40k/400k insurance policy.

https://www.lmginsurance.co.th/en/Products/Pages/Universal-Longstayvisa.aspx

8 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

This is the new LMG offer, matching the new requirements. Someone posted it on another thread. 

465680444_Brochure-LongStayVISA100KUSD.pdfNEW.pdf 395.55 kB · 5 downloads

LMG won't be popular any longer for 0A extensions. No more throw away 200k deductible, 7-10,000 baht per year plans will cut it at immigration. Look at other insurers you'll get more for the money. Better yet, don't arrive in Thailand with an OA.......

11 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

This is the new LMG offer, matching the new requirements. Someone posted it on another thread. 

That is for new OA visa applications. What was posted earlier is 400k/40k baht insurance.

The 74k baht number shown in that brochure for a year is is about equal to the $2100 mentioned,

35 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Are you sure that wasn't $2100 for a year not a month.

Covered Individuals: 1
Trip Dates: 12/15/21 - 12/14/22

From company Geoblue(blue Croos/ Blue Shield out of USA.
Plan Selection/Cost:

Elite Plan  1,000 Plan  2,000 Plan  5,000 Plan  10,000 Plan

$5420  $3611  $3131  $2492  $2168

10,000 Plan
Deductible U.S. (In Network) $10,000
Deductible U.S. (Out of Network) $10,000
Deductible Outside the U.S. $10,000
Coinsurance Maximum (Inside the U.S. only) $10,000
Quote (per month) $2,168.00

Options:

Prescription Drug Upgrade: No question mark
Dental/Vision Benefits: No question mark
U.S. Benefits:   question mark
 No U.S. Benefits Basic U.S. Benefits Comprehensive/Full U.S. Benefits 

10,000 Plan

$2,168.00 total

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

I dont know your circumstances but I just looked at https://longstay.tgia.org/ 

and saw an OA Falcon  policy for 22-30K baht per year for 60-70 year old. They have 8K Baht per day deductible and maximum 50K per incident (i'm not joking)  but if all you need is the certificate that's probably the way to go. 

15 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

You mentioned LMG  but then you quoted insurance from a different company.

image.png.31350cc7ab12e73a1c35d42b1744352d.png

If you download the brochure for  the LMG insurance info the in post done earlier you will see that for a 74 year old it is 74k baht a year.

Download by clicking this. 465680444_Brochure-LongStayVISA100KUSD.pdfNEW.pdf395.55 kB · 19 downloads

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1