Bali Hai Pier Busy This Morning (5 Dec)

HappyExpat57

Maybe better times are coming? I saw only two white faces, seemed like hiso Thais, maybe some Chinese.

People better hope Walking Street is NOT opened for New Years Eve. The cobblestones are in miserable condition and I can  see the number of injuries from stumbling party goers.

(Note: I tried adding video .mp4 format, it just converted to audio.)

Edited by HappyExpat57
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, champers said:

Hotels near me which are normally dark on a Sunday have guests tonight. One big hotel that has been closed for months re-opened this weekend.

Presumably all Govt. offices will be closed tomorrow.

Yes they will. Just shows it does not take much to get the Thais from Bangkok pouring into Pattaya... just had to get rid of all those darned foreigners. 

• Haha 2

Until the Chinese; in particular; Indians, Koreans and Japanese come back in numbers there will still be a lot of hurt for hotels and other tourist related businesses accross Thailand.

It is great to see Soi Buakhao getting a shot in the arm but that market is a bit niche now and cannot come close to making up for the missing Asians.

I watched several videos to get the measure of the new Pattaya hotspot, Tree Town (no thanks) and Soi Buakhao. But many commenters, about 50 to a 100 per YouTube video, were sitting in their home countries getting all excited over the visible beer and babes and ready to pull the trigger on a return to Thailand, Pattaya in particular. So January could see a noticeable uptick in the WFI: White Face Index. 

1 hour ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

I watched several videos to get the measure of the new Pattaya hotspot, Tree Town (no thanks) and Soi Buakhao. But many commenters, about 50 to a 100 per YouTube video, were sitting in their home countries getting all excited over the visible beer and babes and ready to pull the trigger on a return to Thailand, Pattaya in particular. So January could see a noticeable uptick in the WFI: White Face Index. 

Haha, I like it, the WFI. Yes, Tree Town is heaving every night, out on the street and under cover. Seems a blind eye is being turned, and has been for a while. One bust about a month ago is all. Several at Bali Hai though, the same place 3 times I think. It really doesn't add up to more than a small street party with very few bars open. A lot of small groups on the beach at both Pattaya and Jomtien, and that's about it.

• Like 1

Well it is 3 weeks until Christmas, so I would hope that some brave travelers have finally arrived in Thailand to enjoy a hot Christmas,                                                        and New Years.  I know a few lucky Canadians have left and will be back in  early April, when Winter is almost over.  

Have a wonderful time in the hot sunshine and inviting beaches.