Jump to content

Proof of vaccination to obtain non o visa extension


Recommended Posts

I apologize if this topic has been discussed before.

I met a friend yesterday who reported that Hua Hin immigration asks for proof of vaccination when applying for NON O visa extension. To my knowledge Thai immigration hasn't published any mandadory proof of vaccination for the country as a whole when applying for visa extension. So could anybody more informed please shed some light into this matter.

  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In Thailand Immigration Offices can have specific requirements that are not nationwide and not applicable in other provinces.  In essence you will have to provide proof of vaccination.  

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

 In essence you will have to provide proof of vaccination.

There will be an alternative such as recent negative test result.

 

CW as I understand it also have introduced this, however that's to do with entering the building. 

Not a criteria for extension itself.

 

Nothing weird here....welcome to brave new world. Confirmation of vaccination status will be required more and more. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, sirineou said:

I think your friend should go there with Immigration rule book in hand tell the off. 

Please let us know how it turned out. 😀

silly answer  never <deleted> on Immergration Goverment   People gets you no ware and neve tell them that they are wrong  they will make your life even more awkward  .

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to CW a few weeks ago. No proof of vaccination was required to enter the building.

There was a form to be filled in, at the entrance door, asking you if you had been vaccinated and if so, how many times.

No restrictions though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Kopitiam said:

Phuket Immigration also asking for a copy of covid vaccination for permit of stay (Retirement) renewal.  No announcement and don't know why it is needed.

They can ask for it but they could not deny the extension since there's no immigration order stating that it is a requirement.

Link to post
Share on other sites

CW has signs out front of the building. Double vax or ATK < 6 days.

 

Very clever if enforced. Indirectly all must be double vaxed for any type of extension or even immigration issue.

 

IOs need not bicker with the flotsam and jetsam.

Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They can ask for it but they could not deny the extension since there's no immigration order stating that it is a requirement.

Luckily, I have a copy with me.  I really don't know what would happen if I don't have one.  If they cannot deny my application.  Then why border to ask for one?

Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Kopitiam said:

Then why border to ask for one?

I can see them asking for it when you enter immigration but not at the desk when applyinging.

Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I can see them asking for it when you enter immigration but not at the desk when applyinging.

The IO was asking for it when going through the required document submitted with the application.  Not at entry to Immigration building.  Another person who was also applying for renewal has his on his phone and was asked to get a printout.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheScience said:

CW has signs out front of the building. Double vax or ATK < 6 days.

 

Very clever if enforced. Indirectly all must be double vaxed for any type of extension or even immigration issue.

 

IOs need not bicker with the flotsam and jetsam.

If the case, that would by counter productive.  As vax'd & unvax'd can both be infected & transmit the virus.  So all things being equal, and let's say they meet their 70% vax'd quota, then only 30% are verified as not being infected that enter the office.  🥺  The other 70% ... oh well.  

 

Just thinking out loud.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

If the case, that would by counter productive.  As vax'd & unvax'd can both be infected & transmit the virus.  So all things being equal, and let's say they meet their 70% vax'd quota, then only 30% are verified as not being infected that enter the office.  🥺  The other 70% ... oh well.  

 

Just thinking out loud.

Think too mutt

 

It's Thailand. There's no goal and it's certainly not linked to vaccination campaign.

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, mikecha said:

silly answer  never <deleted> on Immergration Goverment   People gets you no ware and neve tell them that they are wrong  they will make your life even more awkward  .

Definitely  a silly answer,

To the 5 steps of grief as we grieve over our loss of sanity resulting from moving here. 
denial.
anger.
bargaining.
depression.
acceptance.

to the last one we add acceptance and have fun with it,

and what better way to have fun with it, other than at someone else's  expense  ?

 

When in Thailand, either develop a sense of humor or an ulcer 😀.  

 

Edited by sirineou
Link to post
Share on other sites

I did my Non O / Marriage @ HH  2 weeks ago put a copy of my vac report in the pile of 88 million pages right after my passport photo

 the very nice and helpful woman at the  reception desk sorted everything in order  and  removed it.. ( not needed ).                                                          20 minute wait for Counter #6 and the  I/O had us out in 15 minutes 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/7/2021 at 2:35 PM, Kopitiam said:

The IO was asking for it when going through the required document submitted with the application.  Not at entry to Immigration building.  Another person who was also applying for renewal has his on his phone and was asked to get a printout.

Today I went to collect my passport and took the opportunity to ask the IO why he requested for a copy of vaccination certificate yesterday.  He said his "boss" wants to know how many expats in Phuket are vaccinated.  Nothing to do with new requirement for extension of stay.  All is well.  Apologies for any alarm caused.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...