Any news about a booster jab for those that had Pfizer shots?

giddyup

Who can get a COVID-19 vaccine booster?

The CDC recommends a COVID-19 booster if you are 18 or older and:

• Received the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine at least two months ago.
  • Received both shots of either the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine at least six months ago. 
  • Like 1

Just booked my Moderna jab online for early March at BKK Hospital BKK (2nd AstraZeneca in Sept.). The date is 7 days under their guidelines due to my International flight, but not a big issue I'm told. I assume 'mixing it up' is a good thing....... 

Edited by CANSIAM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some Private hospitals are offering pre-ordered of second generation Moderna.

I ordered 3 doses from Udon Thani Bangkok Hospital.

We're due our second doses of Moderna next week for the naysayers.

Definitely worth the wait unless your able to have gotten Pfeizer that was donated by the USA.

Private Hospitals in Khon Kaen seem to be able to access Moderna or provide information when its available for order, same with Pfeizer.

20 hours ago, giddyup said:

I, like a lot of others, had two Pfizer jabs, one at Bkk/Pattaya and the other at Central. Wondering if anyone has heard anything about a follow-up booster shot?

I too received 2 x Pfizer, one in August, the other in September, but not before ordering Moderna back in June.

Consider the Moderna as a backup, i.e. if the government didn't come good, that said, they did with AZ being offered to me in June before I booked Moderna, however I knocked it back due to clotting issues being ripe in the media at the time.

All of the above said, my wife just sold her Moderna as she only just received Pfizer so cannot use it for a booster as the hospital will only hold it for 3 months, I on the other hand will use mine as a booster in March which has been confirmed by the hospital.

What I would suggest is that you create a backup plan and buy Moderna from someone who is not going to use it because they are in a similar situation, e.g. cannot move their dose forward more than 3 months (in your area) of course, you can go halves with someone as you will only need one dose as a booster, so you will be up for around 1,650 baht each.

Alternatively you can wait for this government to offer you a booster and by the sounds of that, I am happy were I am for March, i.e. I don't like to depend on anyone, but a big thanks to the USA for their donation.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

I had 2 Pfizer Vaccinations in the UK, it’s more than 6 months since my second one, I have contacted a couple of private hospitals in Pattaya but they have informed me it will be January/February before any vaccines will be available even though I am willing to pay for it.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Johnny Mac said:

Not sure if we need any 'news' as such, maybe 6 months after your second jab just seek out another shot? Or, are the booster jabs different medically and scientifically to the first 2?

Well obviously the first 2 don't really work so maybe the 3rd will...

• Haha 2

I've been reading where a 'booster' is only half a 'regular' shot. So will Thai  medical personel be able to give people half a shot ? 

I had two regular shots of Moderna; I want Phizer for my booster and wonder if it really matters; 'regular' shot or 'booster' version.

Edited by IAMHERE
spelling

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2021 at 5:02 PM, IAMHERE said:

I've been reading where a 'booster' is only half a 'regular' shot. So will Thai  medical personel be able to give people half a shot ? 

I had two regular shots of Moderna; I want Phizer for my booster and wonder if it really matters; 'regular' shot or 'booster' version.

It's really not going to matter is it. Just have another regular shot.