41 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to go through several steps to get to the actual info page.

It it is here, https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/overseas/information/thailand/renew/adult

You send a email to request your appointment.

i have got to a page but see no dates so i presume i put dates in and click send and wait reply saying it is for passport renewal

8 minutes ago, arthur john said:

i have got to a page but see no dates so i presume i put dates in and click send and wait reply saying it is for passport renewal

The page the link leads you do has this under this heading image.png.e33acb23c472b770134e26c5ba368568.png

You’ll need to book an appointment by email. Include your first name and last name and 3 alternative dates and times. You will receive an email confirming your appointment.

7 hours ago, chilly07 said:

To avoid a trip to Bangkok in these risky times I would use an agent. I use Keyvisa in Pattaya

I agree excellent professional service at a reasonable price. 

I chose them due to the epidemic , but would use again in any circumstances,

7 hours ago, chilly07 said:

To avoid a trip to Bangkok in these risky times I would use an agent. I use Keyvisa in Pattaya

9 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

I agree excellent professional service at a reasonable price. 

I chose them due to the epidemic , but would use again in any circumstances,

The O/P does not state where he lives. For all we know he might just be round the corner from Trendy. ????

• Like 1

I have to renew my passport.  The only thing I can't get my head round is making an appointment.

As I understand it there is no reservation process as such, and we just send an email with 3 selected dates/times.  It just seems a very strange way of doing things. So, for instance I send my email with something like this:

Wednesday 8th Dec 10am, Thursday 9th 10:30am, Friday 10th 11:00 am.

Is that right?

Can I just also say anytime in January?

Edited by mommysboy

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

It just seems a very strange way of doing things.

A perfect description of the With-It Tower Passport Renewal Experience as a whole, I think! ????

But, to answer your specific question, you appear to have pretty much nailed it on the head as to how you go about applying for an appointment by email. VFS may, however, prove reluctant to consider possible dates submitted more than a month in advance (from the date of your email).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Moonlover said:

The O/P does not state where he lives. For all we know he might just be round the corner from Trendy. ????

I can see Trendy from my condo is soi 13 , still worth using a agent for less than the cost of good dinner they do all the tedious  leg work twice , check the forms, match the very limited opening/collection times , and of course the big plus. like Swiss Flag in this Covid era no queues or lifts with hordes from god knows where zero risk , seemed like a no brainer to me.

I''d happily pay double for an agent and even once Covid. Of course for some there time is less valuable, it's up to you.

If you are nearly dead like me just 30m a year doing my renewal at Immi is all I wish to spend queueing in Offices anywhere thank you. I'd humbly suggest that if you avoid agents to save the price of a lunch maybe you cannot afford self insure medically and either need extra income or relocate. As they say up to you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

I can see Trendy from my condo is soi 13 , still worth using a agent for less than the cost of good dinner they do all the tedious  leg work twice , check the forms, match the very limited opening/collection times , and of course the big plus. like Swiss Flag in this Covid era no queues or lifts with hordes from god knows where zero risk , seemed like a no brainer to me.

I''d happily pay double for an agent and even once Covid. Of course for some there time is less valuable, it's up to you.

If you are nearly dead like me just 30m a year doing my renewal at Immi is all I wish to spend queueing in Offices anywhere thank you. I'd humbly suggest that if you avoid agents to save the price of a lunch maybe you cannot afford self insure medically and either need extra income or relocate. As they say up to you.

1. You are not the O/P.

2. You eat some very expensive dinners.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

I live in Surat Thani. But I have it in mind to do it myself tbh.

But using an agent could be an option, although I don't like the idea of giving my passport over to someone else - certainly more cost effective for me.

3 hours ago, mommysboy said:

I live in Surat Thani. But I have it in mind to do it myself tbh.

But using an agent could be an option, although I don't like the idea of giving my passport over to someone else - certainly more cost effective for me.

It's cheaper to use an agent ( depending on where you live ) as it involves 2 trips to BKK.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I thought you had to drop off and collect in person?

I could be wrong...

Well i read a thread not so long ago that stated only one trip needed.

Maybe someone can confirm this. 

i could be wrong. but we need some real proof of this ether way. 

Anyone ?

17 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

Well i read a thread not so long ago that stated only one trip needed.

Maybe someone can confirm this. 

i could be wrong. but we need some real proof of this ether way. 

Anyone ?

I used an agent 12K including passport fee ( £125 for 48 page passport ).

I think this pricd is ok.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I used an agent 12K including passport fee ( £125 for 48 page passport ).

I think this pricd is ok.

Sure its ok if a long way away.

But again.

We need the real truth that you need one or two trips to get it. if you don't use an agent.

Anyone got real proof of this ?

4 hours ago, Orinoco said:

Sure its ok if a long way away.

But again.

We need the real truth that you need one or two trips to get it. if you don't use an agent.

Anyone got real proof of this ?

I think it's common knowledge that you make one trip to the office, and another to collect it some weeks later.