Six Belgian tourists safely rescued by Royal Thai Navy after getting stuck on an island in Sattahip

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

One of the boats suffered a malfunction and another boat sprung a water leak. The remaining boat, which was too small to carry all six to the mainland, and the other passengers managed to take refuge on Koh Kram Island,

I guess one sea-worthy boat out of three is normal for Thailand.

• Like 1

So these foolish tourists try save some money and take 3 boats

into the sea. It would appear to me that they could have hired a larger boat

that would be okay with any weather conditions. Maybe it is these Belgians who 

are just lucky to be rescued at all. This is not the first time I have read about

people being cheap, and their holidays become an adventure. What was that show on TV

about the minnow.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

One of the boats suffered a malfunction and another boat sprung a water leak. The remaining boat, which was too small to carry all six to the mainland

a rough guess - the 3 couples  hired out 3 of those 2 seat plastic canoes and off they went, they are available from a popular beach at the navy base

The Royal Thai Navy is looking into the exact cause of the incident.

Not too difficult to determine. If the tourists had NOT gone out to sea in small boats there would have been no incident.

No details provided concerning the 'radio' used to call for help. Would the boat owner has given them a radio transceiver to use in case of need?