Retirement visa.

Hi again guys, i'm asking this for a friend as my last post was for me about a non o based on marriage,

my friend has hit the big 50 since his last visa and his renewal is due soon, he is going to change to a 

retirement visa and wants to know if it is the same paperwork just proof of 800,000bht not 400,000bht

which he has,

TIA.

The supporting documents are about the same except for not needing copies of your marriage certificate and etc.

The big difference is that you have to keep 800k baht in the bank for 3 months after the day you apply for the extension and then 400k baht until you top up the 800k again for the nextension. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, chris.m.s said:

.....my friend has hit the big 50 since his last visa and his renewal is due soon, he is going to change to a 

retirement visa......

Do you mean that previously your friend was obtaining annual extensions based upon marriage and now having turned 50 wishes to obtain extensions based on retirement? 

50 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Yes, ret. visa less paperwork, no silly photos, or need of 'witness'.  Approved locally, instantly, instead of 30 day wait.

I think you mean an extension of stay not a visa.

i am on my 14th extension based upon marriage and I can say it is all the difficult to to.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think you mean an extension of stay not a visa.

i am on my 14th extension based upon marriage and I can say it is all the difficult to to.

In country, I've switched back and forth between retirement & marriage visa, a couple times, and it's a simple process.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Yes, ret. visa less paperwork, no silly photos, or need of 'witness'.  Approved locally, instantly, instead of 30 day wait.

It really doesn't get any easier.

And if your Immigration allow the Combination method, you can transfer 50k per month (to live on) and only need 200k in the bank = total 800k.

8 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

And if your Immigration allow the Combination method, you can transfer 50k per month (to live on) and only need 200k in the bank = total 800k.

My Imm office allows 400k savings & 400k dd for retirement, so kind of defeats the purpose.  So I do the marriage @ 40k month DD, actually it would be 65k, if the baht stayed at 34 ????  My friend loves a day out though, when playing witness at the Imm office, 100 kms away.  Always a nice munch & sipping a few afterwards.