STV Visa Granted, Can Someone help translate Thai remarks on my visa, please?

18 hours ago, EricTh said:

This health insurance thing dissuade more tourists from coming to Thailand.

How much did you pay for it anyway?

Around 200 USD for 3 months, I'll have to extend it too. Yeah I know it's an extra cost but still worth it

13 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Intereting. I got my STV from London earlier in the year and the only thing in Remarks was Employment Prohibited, the same as a SETV. Do you mind saying which Embassy you applied at.

Wellington, New Zealand. Do you think it's ok now to cancel long term accomodation that I booked on Agoda since they gave me the visa? I doubt someone is going to check at the airport the validity of my agoda booking? I read another thread on this forum and this exactly what other travellers did, only they cancelled once they landed in Thailand. I need to cancel earlier than my flight though because the hotel will charge me full price, the cut off day is the day before my flight..

8 minutes ago, Mangolina said:

Wellington, New Zealand. Do you think it's ok now to cancel long term accomodation that I booked on Agoda since they gave me the visa? I doubt someone is going to check at the airport the validity of my agoda booking? I read another thread on this forum and this exactly what other travellers did, only they cancelled once they landed in Thailand. I need to cancel earlier than my flight though because the hotel will charge me full price, the cut off day is the day before my flight..

Can only report my own experience. Everything was checked at departure airport and again at Bangkok. I strongly recommend at least two hard copies of everything. With regards hotel booking, as long as you have a printed copy of paid for accomodation, I can not see them contacting the hotel to check. See no reason why cancelling before departure will be an issue.

I have done both my extensions (I am still here) I used an agent because I am lazy and hate immigration, my paperwork was all in order. First extension I only needed my passport and the usual copies. Second time I was asked for insurance. Pot luck on the day and which office you use.

The STV gets a bit of a bad rap, but for a 9 month stay without committing to a long stay visa and with most borders still shut it has worked out a treat for me. Good luck.

6 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Can only report my own experience. Everything was checked at departure airport and again at Bangkok. I strongly recommend at least two hard copies of everything. With regards hotel booking, as long as you have a printed copy of paid for accomodation, I can not see them contacting the hotel to check. See no reason why cancelling before departure will be an issue.

I have done both my extensions (I am still here) I used an agent because I am lazy and hate immigration, my paperwork was all in order. First extension I only needed my passport and the usual copies. Second time I was asked for insurance. Pot luck on the day and which office you use.

The STV gets a bit of a bad rap, but for a 9 month stay without committing to a long stay visa and with most borders still shut it has worked out a treat for me. Good luck.

Thanks for advice and info. Good Luck to you too