Jack's Golf... Uggggggghhhhh...

The one time I was on the Jack Golf bus and it broke down, well faulty brakes, a French guy was wanting his money back. This was on the way back home & everybody told him he was an idiot. There are always people who expect special treatment. We changed to another bus & got home only 1 hour late.. so what!

This is funny, LindsayBKK had 1 break down, jeebusjones had 1 break down, vanalli had 1 break down. Only from this thread, there are 3 break down already with Jack’s bus.

Exactly. And breakdowns on the government buses is one of the reasons why I started using visa run companies in the first place. They should have enough money to keep their buses well-maintained.

And, even if a breakdown does happen, a company like Jack's should be in a position to deal with it quickly and not leave their customers waiting for three hours. Even when the government buses broke down, we always had a replacement within an hour or an hour and a half tops.

The people I spoke to on the trip who had used Jack's before said that the service had declined a lot in recent months. So maybe in the past Jack's was a good company, but it seems today there are much better choices available. Use Jack's only as a last resort, I'd say.

Edited by jeebusjones

This is funny, LindsayBKK had 1 break down, jeebusjones had 1 break down, vanalli had 1 break down. Only from this thread, there are 3 break down already with Jack’s bus.

Maybe we were all on the same bus :o nahhhh but as for the decline in service one can only guess. 3 buses, 1 goes to Laos for tourist visas (this bus was originally to be a 10am bus) & 2 buses 5am & 7am to Poipet and Ban Laem borders. Farang having a 50% reduction of border runs would think is starting to hurt the visa run companies. I wish there was a register of farang that have gone back or moved elsewhere. Maybe somebody can start a poll asking this question if not already that I missed.

Donna and jdinasia ,

when was your good expereince with Jacks,must be years back.

Many of my friends are or already have switched to another VisaRun Company due to various reason.

My last was within the last 10 days (obfuscating easy ID :o ), and it wasn't a nightmare, so...does it count?

well I was thinking I'd use them in July for my first stamp after activating this visa ....

but I have enough points for bangkokair to fly me somewhere fun instead (one way :o I have to pay the return !

Edited by jdinasia

I always had a good experience back when I had to do visa runs with Jack Golf.
Those were the days. Jack Golf bus broke down again yesterday.

On Friday morning @ around 10am I passed Phanom Sarakham to visit Kabin Buri and I noticed the big blue Jack VIP Bus on the left side,broken down, or under repair.

The bus was still there on my way back at 7pm.

Jack's client must have a hard time .

well I was thinking I'd use them in July for my first stamp after activating this visa ....

but I have enough points for bangkokair to fly me somewhere fun instead (one way :o I have to pay the return !

I think you better fly the bangkokair instead of traveling with Jack Golf.

I also did a visa run with Jack Golf last month where what the company told me did NOT mesh with what the Thai border guards told me. ie: Jack Golf said a plane ticket out of Thailand within 90 days was fine (it wasn't - the border guards were insisting on 30 day plane tickets).
The big problem of this Jack Company is , they have no clue of what they are doing.

I wish there was a register of farang that have gone back or moved elsewhere. Maybe somebody can start a poll asking this question if not already that I missed.
In my apartment building, many farang left already.

Add to that if I NEVER see Poipet again that will be a very good thing!

have to agree about poipet ,though thankfully havnt had to resort to that for a few years.

been there only once, never again.