Jump to content

TM30 for Phuket Sandbox arrival for TR visa extension?


Recommended Posts

I did the Phuket Sandbox in the end of Oct and I have a 60+30 TR visa as usual. So I'm going to Chaeng Wattana to do the +30 day extension and I was wondering about the TM30 requirement. I've never been asked for it when extending my TR visas during the past 15 years (except last year when I extended STV). So could someone confirm how this is supposed to work if I arrived trough Phuket Sandbox. I mean TM30 is reported automatically by the hotel where I stay the first night, which was my Sandbox hotel in Phuket. This means I obviously don't have any TM30 form to show at the immigration. Would my Sandbox hotel certificate be sufficient or is it possible that they would ask for another TM30? Just want to make sure what I need to prepare since it's 1 hours drive from my house in BKK to the immigration so don't want to have to go twice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You will certainly need a new T30 report since the report done in Phuket is for an address there. You need one to change your address to Bangkok.

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will certainly need a new T30 report since the report done in Phuket is for an address there. You need one to change your address to Bangkok.

So how would I do it now 2 months after my arrival? I had no idea this has to be done again in BKK. I live in my own house as usual (obviously not in my name tho). Would they just give me a fine or what are the options? I'm ok with a fine but not ok with going there twice since it takes half a day per trip. So I just want to make sure I get it done in one time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

So how would I do it now 2 months after my arrival? I had no idea this has to be done again in BKK. I live in my own house as usual (obviously not in my name tho). Would they just give me a fine or what are the options? I'm ok with a fine but not ok with going there twice since it takes half a day per trip. So I just want to make sure I get it done in one time. 

The arrival date on the TM30 report could be post dated to the day before you apply for the extension.

The owner of the house or you could do the TM30 report when you apply for the extension. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The arrival date on the TM30 report could be post dated to the day before you apply for the extension.

The owner of the house or you could do the TM30 report when you apply for the extension. 

Ubonjoe can you please explain how we can file these reports ourselves if the landlord/hotel fails to?

Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

Ubonjoe can you please explain how we can file these reports ourselves if the landlord/hotel fails to?

Most hotels would of already done it online since immigration has been enforcing it for them for a long time and even set up the online for them to do it. You would need to ask them about and they should be able to give you screenshot of it.

The landlord should do it but you as a tenant are also responsible for them being done. You would need proof of the address for the report such a copy of a rental agreement and they want singed copies of the owners house book and ID card.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Most hotels would of already done it online since immigration has been enforcing it for them for a long time and even set up the online for them to do it. You would need to ask them about and they should be able to give you screenshot of it.

The landlord should do it but you as a tenant are also responsible for them being done. You would need proof of the address for the report such a copy of a rental agreement and they want singed copies of the owners house book and ID card.

OK but having those documents, how would I actually file the TM30?   I once tried online years ago with no luck.  Is there a form we can print and fill out and simply bring to the Imm Office with the other documents?

Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Thanks!   So will Imm accept this if I (the tenant) sign as housemaster?  I know there’s some difference of view in this forum about whether we tenants really are, within the meaning of the statute, but as long as the officer will accept it that’s all that matters.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

I know there’s some difference of view in this forum about whether we tenants really are, within the meaning of the statute, but as long as the officer will accept it that’s all that matters.  

The immigration act states this.

"Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence,"

And this of from section 4.

“House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act."

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The immigration act states this.

"Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence,"

And this of from section 4.

“House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act."

Thanks - certainly  seems clear that a tenant is included.  I just have this gnawing feeling that the Immigration office might insist the owner (the same person whose name is in the house book and on the ID card) also sign the TM30.  Is that out of the question?  My concern is because living on another island it’s an overnight trip to get to Koh Samui Immigration and I hate to waste it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

Thanks - certainly  seems clear that a tenant is included.  I just have this gnawing feeling that the Immigration office might insist the owner (the same person whose name is in the house book and on the ID card) also sign the TM30.  Is that out of the question?  My concern is because living on another island it’s an overnight trip to get to Koh Samui Immigration and I hate to waste it.

I have never read a report of anybody not being able to a report as a tenant with proof they are one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The arrival date on the TM30 report could be post dated to the day before you apply for the extension.

The owner of the house or you could do the TM30 report when you apply for the extension. 

Is the requirement of the TM30 special for Chaeng Wattana or for the Tourist Visa? I got a 30 day extension in April in Phuket, and they did not ask for the TM30. I had arrived on a visa exemption.
 

I am now on a Multi Entry Tourist Visa and will go to get an extension next week at Phuket immigration. So, do I need the TM30?

Edited by farang51
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

Thanks!   So will Imm accept this if I (the tenant) sign as housemaster?  I know there’s some difference of view in this forum about whether we tenants really are, within the meaning of the statute, but as long as the officer will accept it that’s all that matters.  

Just read the title of the TM30 form, it even says "tenant".

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The arrival date on the TM30 report could be post dated to the day before you apply for the extension.

The owner of the house or you could do the TM30 report when you apply for the extension. 

Thanks for the info. Last time when I extended my STV I had missus with me to do the TM30 (a few months late) and pay the fine. I was just wondering if I go alone would I not get it done by just paying the fine or would they really tell me to come back with the house owner another day? If that's the case, then I guess I better go with her to get it done on the same day for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

Thanks for the info. Last time when I extended my STV I had missus with me to do the TM30 (a few months late) and pay the fine. I was just wondering if I go alone would I not get it done by just paying the fine or would they really tell me to come back with the house owner another day? If that's the case, then I guess I better go with her to get it done on the same day for sure.

If you have not changed addresses another TM30 report will not be required. Just show the receipt for the previous one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have never read a report of anybody not being able to a report as a tenant with proof they are one.

Good to hear!  If I can trouble you with another follow-up,  do you think it would work to bring the form and docs at the same time as applying for extension of stay or does the TM30 have to make its way into the database first (in which case I might need 2 visits to Immigration).  

Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

Good to hear!  If I can trouble you with another follow-up,  do you think it would work to bring the form and docs at the same time as applying for extension of stay or does the TM30 have to make its way into the database first (in which case I might need 2 visits to Immigration).  

It does not have to be in the system when you apply for the extension.

You could do during the same trip to immigration. At some office they would send you to the desk that does them.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/9/2021 at 5:05 PM, ubonjoe said:

If you have not changed addresses another TM30 report will not be required. Just show the receipt for the previous one.

I mean I was in Europe for 4 months between my visas and then arrived to Phuket via Sandbox in October. Next week is my +30 day extension for current TR visa. Like I mentioned I have not filed any separate TM30 this time – only the Sandbox in hotel in Phuket must have done so for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

Like I mentioned I have not filed any separate TM30 this time – only the Sandbox in hotel in Phuket must have done so for me.

In your case it needs to be done when you apply for the extension. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

In your case it needs to be done when you apply for the extension. 

Sure, so if I go alone they would refuse the extension and ask me to come back with the house owner to do TM30 first or is there away around this? 

 

I think last time the fine we had to pay was 1600b (that time we did the TM30 there with house owner). I'm fine with that as long as I don't have to go there twice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

Sure, so if I go alone they would refuse the extension and ask me to come back with the house owner to do TM30 first or is there away around this? 

You can do the TM30 report yourself. The owner does not have to be with you. They can completed the form and you could submit it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can do the TM30 report yourself. The owner does not have to be with you. They can completed the form and you could submit it.

Ok thanks for the info. Might also just take missus with me, but of course I'd try first without the TM30 and see if they ask for it. I guess this has changed completely because during the past 10 years I was never asked for a TM30 at the Chaeng Wathana when extending a TR visa.

 

Last time with my STV visa extension they did ask for it and wanted to see the official house books which are in her name so probably better go with her and the full package of paperwork just to be on the sure side.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So just to report the conclusion to this TM30 issue: I went to the immigration yesterday to get the TR visa extension and no TM30 was asked. Like I've mentioned before, I have been asked for it once in the past 15 years. Not sure if I'm just getting lucky or is everyone on the forums exaggerating the importance of this paper. I was told on other forums also that this is a must have :))

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2021 at 6:46 PM, ubonjoe said:

You will certainly need a new T30 report since the report done in Phuket is for an address there. You need one to change your address to Bangkok.

Attaching the same here in case you guys didn't see my reply yet:

 

So just to report the conclusion to this TM30 issue: I went to the immigration yesterday to get the TR visa extension and no TM30 was asked. Like I've mentioned before, I have been asked for it once in the past 15 years. Not sure if I'm just getting lucky or is everyone on the forums exaggerating the importance of this paper. I was told on other forums also that this is a must have :))

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...