Italian-Thai Development appoints acting president as Premchai enters prison

webfact

I am shocked that he has actually seen the inside of a prison cell....is this a turning point for Thai justice? Will the Red Bull heir be brought to justice, or is he grandfathered to receive hiso immunity?

I can't believe that he will serve his sentence....I'm guessing a medical discharge for diabetes.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, webfact said:

For wildlife lovers, the jail term of two years and 14 months handed to the 67-year-old super-rich businessman is justice for the protected species – including a black panther – that his group shot for pleasure. The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) called the case “a victory for wildlife and the rule of law”.

The 'super-rich' businessman could have booked a hunt in Africa for pretty much whatever he desired. 

• Like 1

If animals could hold and fire a gun, I would give them the right to protect themselves that way. See how many guys would still be tough enough to go out hunting (‘for sport’) if they ran the risk of getting shot themselves. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mikebell said:

I'm totally gob-smacked that Thai Justice can be levied on the rich.  A red letter day indeed.

The red letter day should be the day he is released from prison after he has completed his full 38 month sentence. I doubt that he will be eating Thai prison food  which, by looking at him would be good for his overweight bloated body.

Anything less or doing his time in a prison hospital is a failure of justice, but only to be expected here. Money screams and shouts in Thailand

Why no picture of him entering the slammer or sitting in his cell? The authorities seem to whip out the cameras for a photo opportunity whenever they catch a farang for overstaying or doing a minor wrong such as feeding fish. Why no photo proof that Premchai is actually banged up thus highlighting how good a job was done by law enforcement...

• Like 1

Acting President.

So the corporation expects to return this individual to the position in the years to come.

They see no fallout or political ramifications. I guess since they don't deal directly with the public they need not worry about such things.

Isn't this Aunutin's corporation?

12 hours ago, mikebell said:

I'm totally gob-smacked that Thai Justice can be levied on the rich.  A red letter day indeed.

Dont get too gob smacked cos i bet he never serves a full sentence ,some reason will be found to release him, brown envelopes are flying as we speak

• Like 2