Toyota Fortuner

TBWG

Just a tarted up Fortuner!

Hi Berty

Do you have any more info i.e. any new colours, does it come as a 3 litre diesel, what extras, price etc what is difference to normal one?

thanks

TBWG :o

Hi

What is this new Smart model any ideas? :o

TBWG :D

Dont take any notice of the fortuner bashing army on here, just jealous :D . the smart is the top model and as far as i can tell is in white, it has all the exclusive extras and more like black dash,carbon panels, leather,uprated stereo and bigger TRD wheels with a wider profile tyre, very nice and as far as i can tell its auto only,. and yes 3.0D4D,i just put a power up ecu unit on one for a customer from phuket,Worth seeking out, 1.3 i think he paid,. bargain !

It's a model that requires an IQ/road rage test before buying. Sales will be egregiously disappointing. Don't expect it to sell for long.
WRONG ! there is already a waiting list and its a bargain,..

Hi Mikethevigoman

Thanks for input, I am a bit scared to admit on this forum that I am thinking of buying one :o

No I am not retarded or a boy racer with an ego problem.. just being practical IMHO I like the idea of big wheels by that I mean high not wide, ideal for the local potholes! also white a good idea at night to be as visible as possible, as well as having a reasonable amount of metal around you!

Also practical for carting the family about or transporting large items all in comfort. Plus good value for money.

My only concern and this a general one irrespective of vehicle is this new gasahol regulation, will all vehicles be able to run on it unmodified and without engine damage?

It's a model that requires an IQ/road rage test before buying. Sales will be egregiously disappointing. Don't expect it to sell for long.

Hi Mikethevigoman

Thanks for input, I am a bit scared to admit on this forum that I am thinking of buying one :o

No I am not retarded or a boy racer with an ego problem.. just being practical IMHO I like the idea of big wheels by that I mean high not wide, ideal for the local potholes! also white a good idea at night to be as visible as possible, as well as having a reasonable amount of metal around you!

Also practical for carting the family about or transporting large items all in comfort. Plus good value for money.

My only concern and this a general one irrespective of vehicle is this new gasahol regulation, will all vehicles be able to run on it unmodified and without engine damage?

Dont worry, toyota will have been aware of any changes and will be ,or were ready for it, dont buy a gasoline one, i drove both and the deisel is far better,.Remember its a toyota and as yet i cant think of a bad model made,the smart is beautiful in my opinion ,go for it, you wont be disapointed .available in black or white only,.and you are right, they handle a drop into a pothole far better than a civic or a jazz ! Edited by mikethevigoman

• 1 month later...

Hi Mikethevigoman

White is also good in the blazing sun, heats up considerably less than darker colors. And it's pretty :D

Mine isn't "smart" only "exclusive".. except for the 14,999 others driving around :D

The most unexpected benefit of the Exclusive were the perforated leather seats. They are awesome. Makes a big difference vs. the non-perforated ones. The auto tranny is very good, I had been a bit wary of that. But it's actually doing a pretty good job even on the mountains.

Hi Mikethevigoman

White is also good in the blazing sun, heats up considerably less than darker colors. And it's pretty :D

Mine isn't "smart" only "exclusive".. except for the 14,999 others driving around :D

The most unexpected benefit of the Exclusive were the perforated leather seats. They are awesome. Makes a big difference vs. the non-perforated ones. The auto tranny is very good, I had been a bit wary of that. But it's actually doing a pretty good job even on the mountains.

Hi Nikster

I am still in UK so having difficulty getting info. Do you know if Smart model has perforated leather seats?

Am I right in thinking the Exclusive is the 163 bhp 3 litre diesel and only in auto?

Hi Mikethevigoman

Presumably the perforated leather seats are for flatulent drivers?