Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ASEAN NOW

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's the difference between a garbanzo bean and a chickpea?

Featured Replies

Donald Trump never had a garbanzo bean on his face. 🥁

So I'm thinking

Cheap

Superfood

Easy

lunch

Got a can of garbanzo beans but hummus is just a starter not a main.

F that 😄

So Savory Chickpea Pancakes it is.

Drain and wash the "suds" off the beans

20260929_123347.jpg

Roast a red pepper, the real star of this meal

20260929_123103.jpg

Scrape or peel the carbon/skin off

The people from the forum further down "I'm too fat" will be happy with the next ingredient artery clogging saturated pig grease, supposedly from a gourmet pig 😄

20260929_122743.jpg

Saute a huge pile of arugula aka wild rocket from Oz in the lard with some garlic

20260929_122343.jpg

You know argula increases your testosterone, right?

Do your own research 😄

So add a little miso-horny water at the very end of the saute, I like the brown because mild flavor wink wink

20260929_123336.jpg

Mix the chickpeas in a blender with other super foods: acai berry powder, buckwheat, oat milk, beer, black sesame butter 😃

20260929_125045.jpg

Cook in a pan like a pancake

Assemble with some living sunflower seeds (it's alive) with a dash of balsamic vinegar and EVOO.

Screenshot_20260929_132652_Photos~2.jpg

Add parsley chopped and dried for garnish.

Screenshot_20260929_132332_Photos~2.jpg

BAM

Where in hell can get order this off a menu for lunch please tell me 😜

That's something that wouldn't come to mind with me, but I like where your head is at.

I got a bag of chickpea flour, I bought a while back for pasta, yet to use. Thought about bread or pancakes, but they didn't look too appetizing on YT, textural wise.

Think I'll stick with the pasta idea, as also noticed pasta and plain rice really shoots up the glucose when I was using CGM myself ...

For rice, great option and tastes better, as made a few times already. Any spike <25 is good with me.

Edited by KhunLA

  • Author
26 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

That's something that wouldn't come to mind with me, but I like where your head is at.

I got a bag of chickpea flour, I bought a while back for pasta, yet to use. Thought about bread or pancakes, but they didn't look too appetizing on YT, textural wise.

Think I'll stick with the pasta idea, as also noticed pasta and plain rice really shoots up the glucose when I was using CGM myself ...

For rice, great option and tastes better, as made a few times already. Any spike <25 is good with me.

Hummus is just chickpea with a lot of oil.

That pasta looks like it has white flour in it? Can't imagine it would work otherwise.

I had to add potato starch to my recipe to get it to thicken up enough.

The trouble with pasta is it takes a 5 star Italian chef to make it look good.

Otherwise it's just formless glob in a bowl with sauce on top.

It was nice having a savory pancake tasted better than any pasta I've ever eaten and yes, I can make homemade pasta, flour, egg, water, pasta maker.

This wasn't simple Italian pasta in a bowl, pal.

BTW, you do know Italians never eat pasta as a main, right?

This was a main course lunch and something no one has ever made before quite the same way.

Turned out to be a banger today. 😎

P.S. yeah I knew about the coconut oil in rice trick, it reduces the calories.

Also raises your bad cholesterol (or it can) according to my hot, good-looking internet doctor.

But yeah probably okay for fried rice occasionally, wouldn't eat a lot of it

Edited by SiSePuede419
Reducing calories

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 1

  • LosLobo

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.