Visiting wife extension queries

Hello, 

(I plan to change from my extended visa exempt visa to a non-o visiting wife visa next week - with well over 15 days remaining on my exempt). 

I am just looking over the requirements pdf that was kindly supplied to me and have a couple of queries: 

"5.1 Incase the applicant’s spouse is a Thai citizen, please show:

A copy national ID card, a copy of house registration papers, a copy of employee’s or government officer’s ID card."

The end requirement "copy of employee's or gov official's ID card" - does this mean my wife has to copy her boss' ID card?

6.1.2 Marriage certificate (Kor Ror. 3) 

- I am very familiar with obtaining a Kor Ror 2, but I'm unsure I have obtained a Kor Lor 3 before, can this be obtained at the same time as the Kor Ror 2 ? 

1. 6.1.3  A copy of letter certifying marital status

before registration of marriage (a copy of letter certifying that the applicant is single) (In absence of such letter, a copy thereof can be obtained from the District Office where the marriage was registered.)

I also think I am unfamiliar with this document - I have 4 previous marriage visas/extensions in my passport and don't think I have seen this document before (although I have various Thai documents in my marriage folder), so any general advice on this point would be helpful. 

Thank you very much, 

Joe 

8 minutes ago, Joejoejoejoe said:

The end requirement "copy of employee's or gov official's ID card" - does this mean my wife has to copy her boss' ID card?

No, not her boss' ID card. I think that is an optional requirement, your wife could very well be unemployed, then she wouldn't have an employee or government officer ID card.

- I am very familiar with obtaining a Kor Ror 2, but I'm unsure I have obtained a Kor Lor 3 before, can this be obtained at the same time as the Kor Ror 2 ? 

I think Kor Lor 3 is your marriage certificate which you got when you got married.

I also think I am unfamiliar with this document - I have 4 previous marriage visas/extensions in my passport and don't think I have seen this document before (although I have various Thai documents in my marriage folder), so any general advice on this point would be helpful. 

When you got married you had to provide some document which said that you aren't married already, they want a copy of this document.

Did you get married in Thailand or abroad?

Edited by jackdd

12 minutes ago, Joejoejoejoe said:

13 minutes ago, Joejoejoejoe said:

I am very familiar with obtaining a Kor Ror 2, but I'm unsure I have obtained a Kor Lor 3 before, can this be obtained at the same time as the Kor Ror 2 ? 

The Kor3 is your marriage certificate you got when you registered your marriage.

15 minutes ago, Joejoejoejoe said:

6.1.3  A copy of letter certifying marital status

before registration of marriage (a copy of letter certifying that the applicant is single) (In absence of such letter, a copy thereof can be obtained from the District Office where the marriage was registered.)

That will not be asked for since apparently you are not newlyweds. It is the affirmation you did at your embassy to register your marriage.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

No, not her boss' ID card. I think that is an optional requirement, your wife could very well be unemployed, then she wouldn't have an employee or government officer ID card.

I think Kor Lor 3 is your marriage certificate which you got when you got married.

When you got married you had to provide some document which said that you aren't married already, they want a copy of this document.

Did you get married in Thailand or abroad?

Thank you, Jack. 

I got married in Thailand, (hopefully won't have to show the not already married affirmation doc as UbonJoe states, but I think I have a copy of it somewhere anyway, 

Thanks for the answers.