Required Onward Flight

I've seen many posts saying to buy a throw away flight to satisfy the onward flight requirement. 

Myself, I was going to book a one-way fare and only buy a throw away if insisted on at the airport.

Well, I just went to book the one-way fare on Singapore Airlines only to find the return leg was free. It also has free change of date and is valid for a year.

(There were other flights with better connection for only $155 for the return leg to Australia, still cheaper than a throw away)

Worth checking instead of buying a useless ticket

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

Wow, A$912 Sydney to Bangkok return in the middle of a pandemic and over Xmas/NYE (just reschedule return as required).

Singapore Airlines pricing gives hope....or it's no-one is coming ????

Edit: is this also a way to only require 2 weeks covid insurance, and then extend return indefinitely as wanted?

Screenshot_20211211-091728_SingaporeAir.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 7:48 AM, aussiexpat said:

is this also a way to only require 2 weeks covid insurance, and then extend return indefinitely as wanted?

Might this depend on the length of permission to stay?

I do not have the answer as have not re entered when insurances needed. 

There has been much discussion about this and I am still unclear for those on multi entry non O or retirement OA etc

am hoping a short insurance will satisfy the airline and a throw away, while I ca actually be stamped in for the period of my visa.

Entry to the flight is the airlines rules

Entry to LOS is at the discretion of Officer 

I think you are wiser to have a cheap outbound flight or a full price one that offers a 10-00% refund . There was a thread about "Rent a ticket" not sure I'd go that way as refusal of entry during Covid may have many hidden uninsurable costs.

Good luck stay safe and let us know how it goes