Covid Extension.

4 minutes ago, Barry Morris said:

Thanks Joe, that seems to be the stickler, trying to find a way to cancel volunteer visa, then apply myself for 60 day covid. Not sure if i can do without agents help.

Does the agent include the 1900 baht extension fee in the 12k.

Don't muck around....use the agent for this covid extension and do the next one (if available) yourself.

• Like 1

Yes 1,900 included, guess i already knew the answer, just needed a push, they quoted me 7,500 last week, now this week gone to 12,000. Problem is once you go down Agent track, difficult to reverse. But better to have the security than being in limbo. Thanks for your reply.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

Those volunteer visas are such a scam! People got tricked into buying them and now they're having huge problems. I know of a guy who had to leave Thailand in October because he was unable to transition from a volunteer visa to a Covid extension.

There's a lesson in there, I think. Whatever the current lot of corrupt crooks deems acceptable won't necessarily be honored by their successors,  who might well want to run things differently. It has happened before and it will happen again.

• Like 1

I came off a 15 month volunteer visa, the agent organised version from Korat.

Managed to get a 60-day covid extension in Samui via an agent for 6,000.

It's definitely doable, but it's definitely one where you'll need to find an agent who can make it happen.

• Like 2