Cable Tv and internet provider in condo building... getting confused

Omega7

Hi all,

just recently moved to Hua Hin from bangkok, we had a house in bangkok, and moved to a condo in Hua Hin, and i start getting confused with all the differences it bring...

first internet, i was told we can only have some low speed condo internet, from ais or 3bb both offer condo vdsl internet 50/20 speed, which is a joke, it not even enough for netflix i think..

the condo management said to thats all i can get...  im thinking now the ais 5g unlimited sim, and a 5g router, maybe thats my only solution for a decent internet here???  they say no fiber optic possible :(((

2.  is the TV, right now have some digital topbox which only have 50 somehting free thai channels.

is there any other cable tv provider to offer packages here other than TRUE?   i need some decent foreign news channel possible HD quality... that s all i need

(internet tv out of the question again as currently 50/20 vdsl is teh max they said possible.. and the ais 5g sim internet im not sure either how fast can be here, maybe as usual only works 4g or 4g plus.

so any ideas for a decent cable provider in condo?  i ahvent lived ina condo before honestly have no idea how this all works (sate;;ite dishes not allowed by condo managent as well)

i would be thankful for any experiences or ideas

thank you 

50/20 is plenty enough for IPTV and netflix, I only have that in my condo as well,

AIS has IPtv box with their 50/20 service too, some international channels they used to have HBO but i think 3BB has that now, you have to get HBO via an app, if you have AIS's IPTv you also get Disney+

After having only 50/20 I also got 5g router, speed works out around 200-300mbps in actual use, costs arount 1000 baht a month, router costs 3000-8000  if on contract for 12 months, big program like games and updates downloads are fast, but you can't bittorrent unlike the 50/20 ADSL 

until the ISP decides to pay to upgrade your condo to Fiber to the room, you're stuck with 50/20, but 5g is a possible option

• Like 1

This from 3BB to Bangkok  by Vdsl just now ...., over the telephone connection line, no fiber  , works for seeing Internet TV , but of course connection outside Thailand get in a bottle neck  by Singapore !

3BB available at own cost to my 11 floor ,........ but no need to do as i leave Th. anyway in 3th quarter 2022 , and don't like to pay for lower floors to let them click on my sponsored paid line 

2021-12-13_145101.png

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...